Eight-we are such children

"I'm glad you called, I was getting worried you wouldn't want to see me again after... you know,... the paint incident." Jace laughed

"No, it's okay. I was just grateful that you were there to help me clean up after I literally destroyed my house." Jace visibly swallowed. Simon's brow furrowed in concern. "What's wrong?"

"W-well, that was my fault... and y-you know it, Simon." Simon huffed

"You need to stop blaming yourself for it. We were both arguing Jace. We both knew what we were getting into when I bit you the first time. What happened... when-when we...."

"I know, Simon. We don't have to talk about it, okay?" Simon knew it was unhealthy to not talk about things, but he liked where they were. They were fine again Simon didn't want to ruin that

"Okay." He slid his hand over Jace's chest and stopped just above his heart, feeling the dull thud underneath his fingertips.

"You know, I'm still trying to get the blue paint out of my hair." Simon mumbled into Jace's neck. The blonde chuckled

"At least you have brown hair, so it's less noticeable. Everyone keeps asking me whether I got depressed or drunk one night and decided to dye my hair blue and then regret it in the morning and try to dye it back. Four different people." Jace said exasperatedly, "Next time you want to have sex, tell me instead of covering me in blue paint. Jeez." Simon hit his arm playfully and the Shadowhunter snorted. He raised himself up on his elbows to scowl at Jace, fingers still hovering on his chest

"Hey! You were the one who dumped the whole bucket on my head." They stared at each other in silence. Simon looked into Jace's golden eyes and felt his expression soften. He smiled when Jace's heart sped up under his touch. The shadowhunter's mouth slowly broke into a grin, his eyes crinkling in the corners. Simon felt laughter rise in his chest. Before he knew it, he and Jace were both in hysterical laughter, chests rising and falling rapidly and loud cackles escaping their mouths. They gripped at each other for support as Simon doubled over and Jace clutched his ribs in pain. Once they had both settled and the only audible noise in the room was Jace's tired pants, Simon placed his head back on the blonde's chest. It rose and fell rapidly beneath his head and the gentle beat of his heart, returning to a normal pace, relaxed him. He felt a warm hand run up and down his back soothingly and he smiled to himself.

"We are such children...." Simon drifted off to sleep to the sound of Jace's gravelly voice, feeling almost giddy.

[A/N] Hey there :). It's been so long. Oooh I wonder what this special thing they're not talking about is??? Reread the first episode and you just might figure it out. I'm sorry that I haven't been updating a lot recently, a lot has happened. I'm also sorry it's so short. I'm kinda lacking inspiration and motivation 😂. Anyway, I hope you liked it. Happy reading ;)