Five- You heard me

"Jace." Simon whispered. Jace felt his limbs going numb. Simon's lips parted and he sucked in a breath. "Jace? What's wrong? Where's your stele?" Jace patted his pocket. Simon must've gotten the message because he pulled Jace's stele out and handed it to him. Jace traced the blood-replenishment rune and the iratze into his arm. The pain in his arm ceased and he felt blood rush back to his limbs. His vision cleared. Simon was looking at him like it was the last time he could see him fully, memorising each of his features. the blonde's breath hitched in his chest. "Jace."

"Bloodsucker." Simon smirked. Jace was back to normal.

"Are you o-" Simon didn't get to finish his sentence before he felt a sting on his right cheek "-ouch!" He exclaimed, "What was that for?"

"Worrying me." Jace replied bluntly before standing up and holding his hand out for Simon. Simon took his hand and pulled himself up. "What happened, Simon?"

"I got angry." Simon replied sheepishly. Jace raised his eyebrows

"You what?"

"I-I got mad so, so mad. I started throwing pillows then it just got..." He trailed off. "I got these in the bathroom." He held his hands up for Jace to see. His knuckles were cracked and bleeding and there were nasty bruises forming around them. Jace let out a low whistle

"Simon."

"I know." He hung his head like a child who'd just been sent to detention. Jace placed his fingers under Simon's chin and pushed his face towards him

"It's okay."

"It is?"

"Yeah." Jace exhaled softy

"Look, Jace- "

"I'm sorry." Jace cut Simon off. His eyes widened

"Huh? What did you just say?"

"IsaidI'msorry." Jace mumbled

"You what?"

"You heard me, bloodsucker." Simon grinned. He pulled Jace into a tight hug. The Shadowhunter didn't hesitate wrapping his arms around Simon just as tightly. They stood, hugging, in Simon's bedroom for a while before heading to Simon's bed and climbing under the sheets together. Jace laid his head on Simon's chest and curled his body into the other's. Simon absentmindedly stroked Jace's hair. They just enjoying being held by each other as the night faded away...

[A/N] Two chapters in one night! Look at me! *mentally high fives myself* 😂 Anyway, I hope you liked this chapter, as always. Happy reading ;)

"You know we're gonna have to clean all this up before my mom comes over in three days." Jace chuckled

"I'm serious." Jace sighed

"I mean it."

"Go to sleep, Simon." Jace flicked the lamp off