fifteen

" when we both know that deep down the feeling still deep down is good."
— ivy, frank ocean

ACT THREE, PART FOUR:
"does this mean what i think this means?"

"go open the door." billie said. margo gave then a confused look.

"oh my goodness please don't tell me you got me a male strip-" margo joked as she opened the door. but she paused her sentence on what she saw.

jaeden stood in front of margo with a birthday gift in his hands. margo stood there in shock. she didn't think he would come because of the precautions of the coronavirus. but seeing the meter stick he held and the mask he wore, she understood.

"i'm not a male stripper, if that's what you were hoping." jaeden awkwardly joked. margo broke out of her shock and blinked. she turned around to see briar holding a mask and a meter stick.

"i'll be back." margo told her, taking the mask and meter stick out of her hands. before she put her mask on, she smiled at her and went out the house and closed the door behind her.

"you're here." she breathed out.

"i'm here." he said.

"the whole meter stick makes me feel like i'm in five feet apart." margo joked. jaeden chuckled and set the meter stick in front of her. margo followed his actions and now they were about six feet apart.

"i sanitized the box before i came in the building." jaeden told her, setting it in front of. her door.

"thank you." she softly said, smiling. there was an awkward silence between them before margo awkwardly coughed.

"um, there's a lot of stuff we need to talk about i guess." she said.

"yeah there is." he agreed.

"i know that this past year has been quite complicated between us. i guess you can say we came a long way. especially with this whole as long as it thing. i don't deserve you wasting time on me. there are a hundred other girls chasing you. and you could have found another girl by now, but you stuck around." she started off. jaeden gave her a look, thinking of what he would say before he spoke up.

"a wise woman once told me "it's important to take an exhale from everything." i felt like we were young to really know about relationships. heck, i was immature enough that i cheated on you. the guilt of me cheating on you never left my mind, even though you forgave me. so, don't say that "i don't deserve you" because in reality; margo, you don't deserve me. the break between us felt like a time for me to face reality. relationships are tough. it takes a lot of time and a lot of communication. i understand that you needed a break to think over everything." he says.  "you've helped me become the person i am today, margo."

"you helped me become the person i am today too, jaeden." margo said. the two smile at each other.

"thank you, jaeden. i've seen you grow out of your mistakes. seeing you mature these pass few months. yeah, we might have talked it out a year ago and we talk, but i don't know, it felt awkward for me to talk about our relationship and everything." margo said. "but enough of the past, let's talk about us now."