Two - Speak of the Devil

A/N: Hi guys! So I've been out for a couple of months. I really couldn't write at all, I've lost my writing mojo in the process of the stress of school. But I know, it's no excuse. But still, I'm sorry. :(

But here's an update for you guys! This is all I can manage for now. I'm really sorry for the sluggish updates. Believe me, I don't want you guys left hanging... :/

Go ahead! Enjoy! ;D

=~*~=

"Hey wait up!" I found myself screaming in annoyance after he was thirty yards away from me already.

I snapped out of my long trance all of the sudden, making me run as fast as I could. I just felt my knees strengthen without my permission, running and running without even stopping. Man, this guy really knew how to brisk walk. How could he manage to make such a huge distance away from me in that span of time? Now I barely see his figure from my perspective. I didn't know if he heard me or he's just ignoring me or he's just really a tease. But I can see where he's going.

He wants me to run after him.

And weirdly, I am.

"Dude, wait up!" I shouted once more and I can see him finally turning around to face me.

Out of the blue, I found myself gasping.

He was actually smiling at me. It was not like a usual, generic smile people needed to make so certain situations wouldn't be awkward. It was a smile that reached those magnificent cerulean eyes of his. It was a genuine, wholehearted grin of a smirk whose name I still don't know. But still, it was that infectious to make me smile back at him.

It was picture-perfect.

I stopped at my tracks to just admire those eyes again. I don't know what it is with those eyes. I mean, I've seen so many blue eyes in my life; even my eyes are blue. But there was just something so enticing and different about his eyes.

I heard him chuckle a bit and just turned around and started walking again.

Talk about being starstruck by a normal person.

But there's something different about him. I honestly and strangely think that he's far from being normal. He's far from that.

He walked even faster now. It was getting me infuriated by the minute--yeah, I probably figured out by now that he is a tease--when he turned and went in an alley between Martha's Bakery and a barber's shop.

Aha, I got you now mister.

Without thinking, I entered the dimly-illuminated alleyway without hesitation. It was filled with junk and reeked of them as well. I don't know why I am doing this but I'm here now. I searched behind the stacked boxes and trashcans, but there's still no sign of him.

Turning my head from left to right, I suddenly bumped myself onto a brick wall, effectively sitting myself down on the ground in the process.

Wait, there was a brick wall in here?

Not realizing that this alley was just short and one-ended, I looked at the brick wall and realized something so unthinkable. I got up to my feet immediately and looked around me.

There are no doors in this alleyway...

...which only means that the only exit to this place is where I entered.

Where did he go?

=~*~= 

I was beyond annoyed by what happened to me this afternoon. I didn't know that I would get so humiliated by a span of less than thirty minutes. But I can say honestly that I never expected for any of this to happen by just one afternoon.