Chapter 18: The First Human

Start from the beginning

"Okay, okay," I tried to stop her, because everything she was saying was overloading my brain, and I lived with MONSTERS! They were so weird, nothing should sound crazy to me anymore, but this girl was just that. Sounding absolutely crazy.

"Listen, I don't know what you're talking about. I've never heard of this 'Alice in Wonderland'."

"But, um... maybe... because you're part of the story?"

"Well, that's a good argument. But, sorry to burst your bubble... but whatever 'Wonderland' is, this isn't it. This place is called the Underground, home of monsters."

"Monsters? But, they were too nice to be monsters."

Oh no, she's already met some monsters. Well, the few I knew didn't know I was human, so maybe the ones she met were just as confused by her as I was, and hopefully, they couldn't figure it out.

"Well, they are nice, but they are monsters. And don't be scared of them," I told her. But I felt bad about saying that, knowing that while it was generally true, they still were going to hunt her down. "And... you know, I'm just like you. A human in a strange world. I fell, just like you, and I-"

"Wait, you fell too?" Alisa interrupted. "Did you follow a white rabbit as well?"

I thought back to what happened when I fell in. ...Asriel found me. He wasn't a rabbit, but...

Tears started to well up in my eyes. "Sorry, I'm just... listen, I'm going to take you to my home. You can stay there, and be safe."

"That's what the rabbit said," she replied.

"I don't care about the rabbit or goat or whatever it is. You... need some rest," I decided to say. "How long have you been walking around?"

"Um... I don't know."

"Well, a nap wouldn't hurt, now would it."

"Hm... okay, fine..."

I held out my hand, and she grabbed it. And I began leading her to my home.

----- ----- ----- ----- ----- -----

When we got back, I stopped Alisa before we went inside. "So Alisa, I happen to live with some skeleton monsters. They may seem creepy at first, and Gaster could be... mean at times, but they are nice people. So wait here, and I'll let them know you're here." I was about to enter, but I quickly turned back around and said, "Oh, and down in the Underground, you and I... we're called homo-sapiens."

"Homo... say-pea-en," Alisa sounded out, and then smiled.

"Good. Remember that." I entered my home, and called out, "Semi, I'm back! And, uh... I need to show you something... rather important!"

No response.

"Semi, are you here?! I'd thought you'd be home!"

"Sorry, sorry," I heard suddenly. Then I saw Semi climb down the stairs. "I was busy with something. But, that doesn't matter. So, what is so important?"

"Hey, Alisa, you can come in," I called back.

Alisa walked in behind me, and peeked around me.

"Is that, a-"

"Another... homo-sapien, yes," I interrupted Semi. I turned to Alisa. "Don't be scared. Say hello."

Alisa walked out from behind me. "Hello."

Semi knelt down, and held his out. "Well, hello there. They call me Semi. And you're... Alisa, yes?"

She nodded nervously.