A smile spread across my face as I watch them both curled up in bed. I thought they both were asleep until I saw Dakota put her hand on her forehead then turning her head. It was about 3am by now.

"Can't sleep?" I whisper as I sit behind her and she looks over at me. "That and I have a raging headache." She holds my hand.

"Aren't you going to get some rest?"

"I'm heading to bed soon although, I probably won't sleep. I just need to ask you something." She props her head up as she looks at me.

"Sure." She seems invested in what I have to say. "If this doesn't work out, would you want to start life in the Caribbean with me? Just the three of us, I have shares in two businesses so we'll be able to more tha-." She puts her finger on her lips and I look at Asher if he moved because I was whispering too loudly.

"You don't have to explain yourself." I look back at her as she speaks. "If it's the only way for us to all be together, I'd do it in a heart beat." I smile at her and she smiles at me.

"Okay." I say before getting off the bed to kiss her head. "Goodnight." I whisper and she mouths, "goodnight."

It was 8:50am and I was wrapping up the call with the head of Social Services. Dakota sat dressed in a sweater, skinny jeans and some lacy heels, her hair in a tight ponytail and her fingers locked with each other as Asher was with my housekeeper outside my office.

We were all dressed with one bag each containing every important document we'd need if we were to leave because my mother wouldn't stop.

"Thank you for letting us know about the corruption Mr. Jones. We apologize for the inconvenience caused and the matter will be dealt with as soon as we are off the phone. Please send this mother our warmest regards and let her know that she no longer has to worry about the fate of her child. Enjoy your morning."

"Thank you and same to you." I hand up and she sighs walking over to me. "That's it right, we are in the clear?" She holds her hands up to her chin as she looks at me.

"It appears as if we are."

"It seemed too easy."

"I know." I walk up to her and place my hands on her shoulders. "We'll just wait a few minutes and see if the cops are searching for you to arrest you." I laugh and she slaps my arm. "Isaiah, don't joke." She chuckles a bit but, that smile on her face soothes me.

"Mr. Jones." My house keeper stands at my office doorway and we both turn our attention to her. My hands now to my sides.

"What's wrong?" I feel my heart thud. "Miss- ahem- Simone is here to see you." Shit. "Tell her I'm coming."

"Simone?... I thought you said you guys weren't involved."

"We aren't in that way, it's just business. I wonder why she's here though, everything was settled when she left my office yesterday."

"I'll be right back, don't leave this room."

"Okay." I hear her say as I walk out.

"Hey." I greet and she air kisses me. "Why is this child here, isn't he supposed to be in a Foster Home by now?" I look at her with anger and confusion and her eyes widen at me and she folds her lips.

"You knew about this?"

"I- I... uhm. Your father asked me to drop these off." She's talking fast as she digs in her purse frantically and I watch in disappointment.

"You weren't in your office-."

"Stop it Simone!" She jumps and steps back. "All that crap about being sorry and begging for forgiveness just to come here to fuck me over?!" I step closer to her and she drops her bag. "How could you?!" She's on the floor taking stuff up that fell from her purse then holds up her hands.