UPDATE: Nightmare Daze Is Back

**COMMENTS MAY CONTAIN SPOILERS**

**********UPDATE 3/26/2021**********

You guys know how I change my mind constantly about things? Well I changed my mind about The Nightmare Daze! I've taken down the old chapters and I will start uploading new, revised chapters. Chained To Him is still my priority right now so updates to this story will be a bit slower, but I do plan to continue writing/revising it. 

Let me know what you think about the news chapters. And if you've read the story before....don't spoil anything!! The plot and characters will look different anyway, so you might think you know what will happen but you actually do not ;)

**********OLD ANNOUNCEMENT**********

I began writing this story 7 years ago, and it no longer reaches my standards of what I want to share with the world. So, The Nightmare Daze was taken down for several reasons:

• I believe a person can ethically portray rape in writing, but I don't believe this story does this at all. There are points where the story does a good job of dealing with the real consequences of rape, but these moments are undermined by points in the story where use of force is meant to be titillating. "Non-consent" fiction is valid as erotica, but I don't think it belongs on my page, and it definitely doesn't belong under the guise of fiction that intends to empathetically look at the life of a rape victim.

• I started writing the story partially as a means to deal with my own experience with rape, and I didn't give enough weight to the fact that, while it might be cathartic for me to write as a rape victim, it might not be cathartic for others to read as rape victims. For this, I apologize.

•   The best heroines have agency. Florence has very little internal or external agency throughout the story until the final chapters. Particularly in stories that reflect real-world issues and dynamics, I think it is important for disadvantaged characters to have a sense of agency. 

•   Finally, the story just isn't that well written. My writing style has changed significantly, and I give a little more weight to editing than I did back then. The typos throughout this story haunt me in my dreams.

The Nightmare Daze will be back, but it will look and feel very different. I welcome any feedback on different themes/characters/etc. that you would like to see in a future story. I've had another story that occurs parallel to The Nightmare Daze in the works for some time, following the life of the maid who appears at Elijah's manor later in the story. If you will miss The Nightmare Daze – don't worry. When it returns, it will be bigger and better than before, and I hope it will offer a better (and more well-written) perspective into the life of Florence and co.

Thank you all so much for your support! I can't believe what amazing engagement this story has received. You guys are fabulous, and being able to share my story with you has made me unbelievably happy.