Chapter 1

It was barely after 12 as the moons light pierced through my thin curtains.

I was bored and didn't really have anything to do so I decided to call up my best friend, Elizabeth.

After the third call she picked up

"Charolette it's after 12. What could you possibly want at this hour," she said, already sounding upset. I know better than to wake her up out of her sleep for no reason. And what did I do, exactly that.

"That's still early. I'm not tired and i'm bored,"

"Charolette?" she spoke

"Yeah?"

"Did you really wake me up because you're bored?"

"Maybe," 

The line went dead. Did she just...

I sighed removing the phone from my ear, flopping my hand down on the bed, sighing. I should've known she'd do that.

I watched some YouTube videos until my eyes felt droopy and exhausted. I checked the time to see that it's a little after 3.

I rested  my phone on the nightstand, plugging the charger into it then rolled back over on my bed. It didn't take long before I drift off to sleep.

***

I jolted out of my sleep to feel a stinging sensation on my thigh.

"Get up," my father hovered over me, a beer bottle in hand.

I rolled over to look at the time, 6:00 flashing on my alarm clock.

"My school doesn't start until 8,"

"Does it look like I give a fuck. Get up and get me more beer, I can't go out looking like this,"

Maybe if you showered and put on some reasonably nice clothes you'd be able to go your fucking self.

I didn't argue with him cause I knew better. 

"I'm going to get ready," I mumbled, walking past him to get to the bathroom, my shoulder slightly brushing against his arm.

I felt him grab me by my shirt, throwing me back into the room, my body crash landing on the floor as I lost my balance.

"Don't start with me,"

"I didn't even do anything," I glared up at him

"I give you one simple task and what do I get, disrespect,"

"But I-,"

"Shut up," he kicked me in my side

"Only speak when spoken to," he stared down at me

I sat on my legs, hunched over in front of him, the pain magnifying in my side

"I'm sorry I spoke out of turn,"

This is what he says he'll accept if I do anything out of turn. If not...

I felt a cold fluid run down the back of my head, draining down into my face, the smell of beer strong in my nostrils. Afterwards I felt the bottle hit my head then clattered on the ground beside me.

"Can't believe I just wasted good beer on you," he scoffed

"You have 10 minutes," he walked out out

Tears welled up in my eyes, shortly after rolling down my cheek. 

I got up and used my shirt to wipe the bear off my face along with my tears then made my way to the bathroom

If only I could escape this hellhole.

I jumped into the shower, moving as quickly as I can before the 10 minutes were up.

I quickly finished up, putting on my clothes just as the door swung open

"Times up,"

I restrained myself from saying something that i'd later regret and extended my arm, signalling for him to give me the money to buy the beer.

"You expect me to give you MY  money. Don't you have a job," he leaned against the door frame

"But I work hard for that money. I have to balance school and work along with fare. It's barely even enough,"

"Are you disobeying me," he stepped towards

Yes

"No, i'm just saying-,"

"I don't care what you have to say. Just go and buy me some DAMN BEER," he slammed his hand on the dresser causing me causing me to jump a little, my heart rate picking up.

"I don't have any money," I said between gritted teeth

"What do you mean you don't have any money,"

"I mean I don't have any,"

"Why?" he glared at me

"Let me tell you why. It's because I buy the groceries, I cook, I clean. I do EVERY GOD DAMN THING around here while you sit down on you're fucking ass being the useless, abusive piece of shit father you've always been, and I hate you for it. I hate you everyday of my life, with every breath that I breathe, with every fibre of my being. I wish you were dead," I spat, not being able to stop myself.

As soon as that last word left my mouth I felt his hand connect with my face. The slap echoing throughout the room.

"Say that one more time. I don't think I heard you very well," he picked up the beer bottle from earlier, smashing it against the edge of the dresser, pieces of broken glass now on the floor.

"You wouldn't," I shook my head, stepping backwards until my back hit the wall.

As he stepped towards me my heard rate quickened along with my breathing, my mouth ran dry.

"You know me well enough to know that I would," he stopped a few inches away from me

"I'm sorry. I didn't mean it, it just slipped." tears welled up in my eyes once again

I did mean it though

He was enjoying this. He likes to see people afraid and under his control

He gripped the collar of my shirt, my body being pulled towards him

"Let this be the first and the last time this happens," he holds the glass bottle to my neck and I nodded frantically, the tears now falling. I saw a slight smile form at the corner of his mouth

"Good.now clean up and get out of my sight. I'll have company tonight so you know what that means,"

I nodded and he walked out, slamming the door behind him

That means that I shouldn't come home, to find somewhere to stay until tomorrow. He doesn't care where, as long as its not here

I made my way over to the broken pieces of glass and started picking them up piece by piece, my eyes glimpsing the scars on my wrist, the scars that I put there.

"I hate my life," I mumbled as I stared down at the pieces of glass in my hand, tears rolling down my cheek.