Road Trip

"I'm going to miss you." I pull away from Alex so I can breathe. "I'm coming right back, Lex."

"But I just got you back and now your leaving." I hug her again and I hear me and Tierna's flight to Chicago being called. "I think you can go 2 days without seeing me Alex. Bye guys I love you."

I wave at Ali, Ash, and Alex walking away. "They're so dramatic." I laugh and nod agreeing with Tierna. "So we're getting your things from Julies place then we're going to drive back to Orlando."

"Yes, and the drive will take 16 hours not counting stops or traffic."

"Got it." We find our seats and get settled. After a short 2 hour flight, we get picked up by Julie at the airport and go to her place.

We pack up our rented SUV and we start driving back to Orlando by 9:00 seeing as our flight was at 5:00 and it landed around 7:30 I think we're doing good on time.

"So Alex wants us back as soon as possible I'm thinking we drive till 8:00, stop for food, then find a hotel for the night and we will get back to Orlando in the afternoon tomorrow." I give her a thumbs up and I start watching some Netflix to pass the time.

After what feels like 5 minutes I'm shaken awake by T. "Morning sleepy head I got you some food and us a hotel room. Do you want me to carry you? You look exhausted." I nod and I get on her back while she takes us to the room.

"The only rooms they had available have one room." I nod and pull her down in the bed.

"Can I shower before you pass out on me? You can eat the food I got you while I'm in the shower I know you have to be hungry."

I get off her and let T shower while I munch on the Wendy's she got me. I know it's not healthy but fuck it I'm 27 I can eat what I want.

Tierna emerges from the bathroom with her wet curly hair pulled in a messy bun and she has a towel around her body.

"I forgot about my clothes." I roll my eyes as she walks back into the bathroom. I knock on the headboard of the bed to get her attention.

"Quoting you from years ago 'What it's nothing I've never seen before'." She chuckles and shuts the bathroom door.

"Lia, did I forget my pants out there?" She asks and opens the door half-naked.

I whistle at her and she throws the closest thing to her at me which were her pants. I toss them back to her and she slips them on and crawls in the bed laying down next to me on her back like me. Staring at the ceiling.

"Did you ever think that you and Mal were going to break up?" She rolls over to face me and I do the same. "No. I didn't I had a ring."

A tear slipped down my face but T was quick to wipe it away. "Sorry I shouldn't have asked."

"It's fine. I should have listened to Alex she said that she had a feeling that Mal was keeping something from me.

I should have confronted her or done something but I was scared of losing another person."