A Little Too Much.

Start from the beginning

"I do... I want to know everything about you Cherry... Everything that I can learn I want to... Learning about what life was like back there lets me in on why you are the way that you are." He tells me.

"Remember when you told me you wanted to drive with me.. To just drive, and play music?" I ask him, and he nods, his hand moving to my hair, moving through it softly getting through the knots. "That was my favorite thing to do there... When you get past Vegas there's nothing but road... When life was a lot I did that, and I miss that... Driving I mean... Me being behind the wheel of a car, me being able to be behind the wheel." I tell him.

"You could.."

"No. I couldn't actually. I really couldn't... I can hardly even get in your car Harry." I tell him quickly, getting anxious just at the thought.

"But-"

"No... No buts. I couldn't do it. I have a bike for a reason. I love my bike, it's yellow, and it's pretty, and it has a basket for anything I could want."

"Well what's your favorite thing to put in that basket?" He asks.

"Flowers... From the farmers market..." I tell him, knowing out of everything that's what's always in there.

"Do you know how many flowers you could put in the back seat of a car Cherry?" He asks softly, and I think about it, knowing the number is endless.

"I've got all I need in my basket..." I tell him, and I feel him shaking his head.

"I think you tell yourself you've got all you need so you don't try and search for more...." He tells me, and I shake my head.

"I can't do something I'm afraid of..."

"You can't or you won't?" He asks, and I sigh. "What are you so afraid of?" He asks softly, and I want to laugh, but I don't.

"A lot of things..." I mumble, shifting off of him, sitting up now, crossing my legs. We're sitting here, talking in the dark, not even the moon bringing enough light into the room right now.

"What scares you the most?" He asks me, and I have to think, to actually think about it.

"Being alone....I lost my parents but I had Dean... I lost Dean but I had Bowie... I don't want to think about being alone." I tell him truthfully. "Does that not scare you?" I ask as he sits quietly.

"It's all I've ever known." He tells me, and I turn around to him, scooting closer, but still sitting with my legs crossed in front of me.

"What do you mean?" I ask.

"Being alone is all I've ever known..." He messes up his hair, and looks away from me, part of him fading as he does. I turn his face back to me, and he looks at me, that sad look on his face.

"That's not true..." I look at him softly, sitting on my knees, putting my hands in my lap as I do.

"You're supposed to be sleeping, come on, let's-"

"No... I'm talking to you right now, I can sleep after... Before.. Before you might've been alone, but now..." I mumble, and he looks to me with his hand behind his head as he's propped up on the headboard, the same soft and sad expression.

"I've never been alone in technical terms... I've always had my family.. I've had girlfriends, and people, but none of them made me feel like I wasn't alone..." He tells me truthfully, and I come forward to him.

"You're not alone when you're with me... I don't want you to feel like you're alone." I tell him truthfully, and I find myself moving my hand to his cheek now. I slide my thumb over the soft cheek bone, his skin just as soft under my touch. "Not alone with me." I repeat and his eyes shut, almost like the words pain him, and it pulls at my heart.