Moving forward

There's a calm atmosphere surrounding the infirmary when Aizawa wakes up. Almost serene, he thinks. It's a jarring difference from the chaotic battleground he remembered passing out on.

Both his arms are in casts, practically glued to his sides. Unmovable.

Looking up, he sees Yamada. The Hero sits on the chair between his bed and another. His hair is a mess. Multiple strands sticking out of a messy bun. The hair-tie barely keeping the whole thing in place.

Looking to his left, he finds the prone body of one very hurt problem child. The slight rise and fall of the kid's chest is the only thing keeping him from going over there to check his pulse himself. Wanting some kind of reassurance that the kid was in fact, still alive and breathing.

Yamada seems to realize that he's awake, if the way his back straightens and he seems to perk up is of any indication.

"You gave me quite the scare back there, Zawa." His voice is quiet when he says that. The blonde looks just as tired as Aizawa feels, right now.

"How's the kid?" Aizawa asks instead. Not really knowing how to respond to the blend of both worry and relief, swimming in those radioactive green eyes.

"He was really beat up when we got there. I'm not really surprised though... That thing was too familiar for comfort." Yamada's gaze looks miles away for a second. It's the same stare he has when he thinks that Aizawa isn't looking. It's a look that speaks of unwanted memories and forgotten horrors rising to the surface. "Kirito's too selfless for his own good." He mutters quietly.

"Self-sacrificing idiot." Aizawa can't help but hiss under his breath. "You should have seen him Zashi. He took it on all by himself. The power he- I don't know what to make of it. He's been holding back."

"I know... I get the feeling that in a normal setting, Kirito will never fight with all his strengths again. The only time he will really give it his all, will be when a game isn't just a game anymore. When there's lives on the line, I mean. Still, trouble always seems to find that kid..."

Coughing brought them out of their hushed conversation. Both heads turning to look at the fluttering eyes next to them. The kid was finally waking up.

"Hey there, you're up! We were worried about you kid." Mic called out, trying to gain the groggy teen's attention.

The boy in question was currently grunting with the effort to straighten up. "Hey, hey! No moving for you! Recovery girl would kill us if you pulled some of the stitches out. You were too out of it for her to actually go through the complete healing process."

"Yashi" Izuku grits out, voice scratchy from all the screaming. "Is everyone okay?"

"Yeah, kid, they're all fine, the only injuries were you and 'Zawa over here. I believe a lot of that is thanks to you?" The voice hero says with a small smile. Pride welling up despite his disapproval at the kid's recklessness.

The door to the infirmary slides open, interrupting any conversation that would have taken hold.

The familiar face that greets them is a welcome presence.

"Tsukauchi-san, I'm guessing you're here to get our witness accounts?" Izuku can't help the smirk that forms on his features. He's always been relaxed around the detective. He's not sure if it's because of the man's natural soothing personality, or if it's an effect of his quirk. He doesn't mind it either way.

"Hello to you too kid. I'm glad to see that you're awake." The detective smirks back at him, shooting firm nods to the two heroes in the room. Having already met them on multiple occasions. "Aizawa-san, I hope you're feeling better." He gets a nod in response, but seems satisfied nonetheless. "Now, as you already guessed, I'm here for your testimonies. Recovery girl anticipated that you'd be up by now. However, she warned me not to push you, if you asked for more time."