Better shadow • 2

Start from the beginning

She watched Fiona and Derek who were dancing happily with each other. Even if Fiona had no rhythm , what so ever, Derek still managed to have fun. Anaiis snickered followed by a wave of loneliness hitting her.

She sighed realizing how single she was. She leaned her hand against the counter she was sitting at zoned out. She thought about how she wanted what Fiona and Derek have.

"If I didn't know any better I'd think you were crushing on a guy that is already taken?" A male voice said abruptly making Anaiis look over in surprise

It was a guy. He sat on the opposite side of the counter with a red cup in his hand. She had never seen him before but he looked her age......and honestly cute.

"Oh god no, They are just the ones who dragged me here." Anaiis chuckled looking back to see they were nowhere to be found, " and...now they're gone. Great" She said awkwardly pursing her glossed lips

"Well, you could always hang out with me?" The mystery guy shrugged his shoulders

"Hmm, I don't know about that. I have my prejudices against high school parties. And you might be one of them." She slit her eyes at him in suspicion but she still entertained him.

"And what prejudices are those?" He asked

"Well, parties are always filled with douchy guys who are always trying to drug someone."

"That is only in the movies, it rarely happens in real life." He reasoned, "you can actually have fun and make friends here."

"Touché BUT making friends at a party only happens in movies or some romance manga-..."

"Wait!!" He raised his hand up in stop motion, "you read mangas?" He said with a shocked face

"Anime's too, and what about it?" She said defensively. She had been clowned multiples times for the entertainment she found in Japanese animation and writing.

"Um, I'm actually a mega weeb." He stated. Anais looked at him with a shocked yet amused face, "What? Was I not the 'douchy' guy you expected?" He asked

"No, actually...." she chuckled moving a strand behind her ear looking down, " I'm Anaiis, by the way."

"Anthony", he said, " You have a beautiful smile, by the way."

"Wow, that is the most........." Anaiis said looking directly into his blue eyes, ".....cheesiest thing I have ever heard. But I appreciate the effort."

"You know, just when I thought I swept you off your feet." He chuckled, " want to hear another one?"

"Sure, I'd rather cringe than feel this socially awkward again." She leaned towards Anthony with a intrigued look on her eyes, " hit me." She challenged

"Your not like other girls." He gave her a weird smolder look making her laugh whole-heartedly.

"That is so bad." She shield her laughter with her hands.

"Babygirl don't be like that, ahaha." He exaggerated biting his lip winking at her.

"Ugh, don't ever call me that again." Anaiis said feeling cringe all over her body