𝐢.𝐯𝐢. 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐭𝐫𝐢𝐛𝐮𝐭𝐞𝐬' 𝐛𝐨𝐧𝐝𝐢𝐧𝐠

Start from the beginning

After a few more minutes and following Finnick's instructions continuing to stand against his chest and with his hands near her, Elowen managed to get a poor but useful hook. Shortly after, their also scheduled lunchtime came, and while Elowen wanted to seat and enjoy Sawyer's company above any other, Wendell carried her with him to another table to discuss their possible allies so far. And see if, hopefully, they could come to an agreement about them.

"Katniss is amazing with the bow and arrow, she doesn't even have to show it. Peeta is also quite good with the machete. I'd trust them above half of the tributes here, especially Katniss. She seems to have no problem in speaking what crosses her mind, whether it will be something you want to hear or not," Elowen explained, looking how the couple of Twelve ate between quiet mumbles not far away from them.

"Katniss is great, Peeta is just average," Wendell corrected her, but the male knew one wouldn't go anywhere without the other. And Peeta, besides what the dark-haired could say, seemed to have improved on his skills after what they had seen of him in the past Games. "What about Chaff? He's really good with the spare".

"I haven't seen him with it, but there's something about him... I just don't trust him," Elowen told, not being able to point with her finger what was it that made her unsure about the tribute from Eleven.

"Maybe because you've been too busy making useless hooks and flirting with Odair?" the boy mocked her, making a blush of embarrassment crept on the surface of her cheeks. "You should be spending your time better," he made an impression on Eldridge, quoting the words he had put her on their way to the Capitol when leaving Five.

"I wasn't flirting," Elowen cut him, her eyes looking around trying to come with another tribute who could turn to be a good ally for them, before Wendell could push the matter further ─ not that there was any. And yet she didn't make it.

"To be honest, I don't blame you," he pushed his upper body on the table, lowering his head towards her as if he was about to share a secret. "The boy is fine as hell".

"Are we honestly going to talk about that, Wendell?" she scolded him, although she couldn't hide the surprise from her voice after the dark-haired's compliment to Finnick, whether that was based on his attraction or not.

He had taken every opportunity he'd had ever since they discovered the blonde male would be the tribute from Four in the Quarter Quell to lower every praising and compliment about him, whether it was about the Odair looks or his skills in battle.

By then, the ginger had learned from where it came. Seeing how Wendell held a special dissatisfaction for him being the youngest victor, when he would have been on that spot too if his birthday hadn't turned out to be the day of his victor. Elowen reprimanded his childish behaviour when Eldridge hadn't before. "Grow up".

Wendell however, took it with a proud smile on his face. "I'll do when you begin to actually look for allies instead of throwing glances to your Odair boy".

Tired and knowing an argument wouldn't take them anywhere, Elowen left Wendell on their table and went to seat with Johanna and Sawyer, enjoying their company better even when the female tribute didn't seem to hold much curiosity or interest by her presence, continuing to mock and try to provoke the judges and the latest Head Gamemaker, Plutarch Heavensbee, who eye at the tributes and their doings every once in a while as they enjoy their feast, drinking, and company.

After their lunch, Elowen's mind began to bother her once more, getting on her fears about the Games and their outcomings: what if no one really wanted her as a tribute? mostly all of them knew about her defective sight, and how it could be her greatest weakness ─ especially when the dark night stroke in the arena.