New English Teacher. Hot: Check. Arrogant: Double Check. A Vampire: What?? /8/

Start from the beginning

"And then what, Melinda?" Caleb pried gently.

I dropped my stare for a moment. "Well, it wasn't you. It was some guy. And before I could scream, he grabbed onto me. He said they did a good job hiding you, and that he's going to...." I couldn't finish the sentence.

"What? What was he going to do?" Caleb's voice seemed far more edgy now.

"Kill you. He said he was going to kill you." I confessed, as I gazed up at him in his eyes. "But it was just a nightmare Caleb."

He began to shake his head, as he quickly stood up from the bed. "No. Shit! Dammit how does he know?" He questioned to himself. I furrowed my brows in confusion. What?

"What are you talking about?" I asked slowly.

"It means it wasn't just a nightmare Melinda. Jace knows you're here. God I don't know how but he does." He stated, sounding very distracted.

"Wait--Jace? How could he possibly know? Was he the guy from my dream?"

Caleb seemed to be pacing, and was suddenly much more frazzled. "Yes. He knows you're here, in this realm. I don't know how but he does. That's how he got into your dream. It was real Melinda. Him being there was real."

"How--how is that real? He can't just...go into my dreams!" I exclaimed. That's nuts. How is it possible for a person to enter someone else's dream?

"Jace is capable of just about anything Melinda. Which means he is going to be coming for you soon. Look, just try and get some sleep, and we'll talk about this more in the morning. Okay?"

Slowly I nodded my head, though I highly doubt I'll be able to sleep. Especially knowing that Jace is coming after me. I mean, what does he want? He didn't look that dangerous but still. He's the king of the vampires. Oh god.

"S-sure. I'll be fine. Goodnight Caleb." I said slowly, though I was unsure of myself. "Night."

Caleb stared at me, as if trying to see if I was alright. My eyebrows raised when he leaned in closer towards me. "Are you sure you're okay?"

I gulped. "Y-yeah. I'm fine Caleb. Don't worry." He held my gaze, and I shuffled uncomfortably. "But you really need to stop doing that."

He chuckled, as he pulled away. "Goodnight Melinda." Standing up, he moved towards the bedroom door. "And you know, I find it very interesting that I was in your dream as well. I feel honored."

A huge blush crept across my cheeks, as I bit my lip. "Goodnight Caleb!" I exclaimed, chucking a pillow at the door. Laughing, he closed it.

I fell back against the bed, letting out an exasperated sigh.

Well isn't this just awesome? Now this guy can somehow get into my dreams? What else is he capable of? And do I even want to know?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"I understand what you're saying Nick, but I have to. I promised her father I would look out for her, and I'm not about to trample on a dead man's grave." I stated, as I paced in the kitchen.

"So you're just going to put your life on the line for some charity case?" Nick questioned angrily. "Who cares about the girl? Just let Jace have her. You know he's going to get her eventually Caleb."

I glared at the ground. "I'm not just going to give him Melinda." I spat.

There was a pause. "Melinda? Are you developing some kind of attachment with the chick? Man what is wrong with you?"