A Life for a Life

"Uh, Dad, we've got a bigger problem than yetis!" yelled Molly curling to protect her stomach as the sound of gun fire went off. "I noticed that, love, thank you!" yelled Jonathan ducking behind a large rock with Amber. "Molly, Imhotep, move it!" yelled Rick. "You try running with a pregnant stomach, Uncle Rick, see how you like it!" sassed Molly as Imhotep helped her to her feet. "Mother look!" said Amber gleefully as the yetis began to attack the soldiers. "Amber, where exactly did you find these folks again?" asked Jonathan. "Not now, Dad!" yelled Molly pulling her daughter close to her. "This is exciting, Mother! Think Father will teach me to fight like that!?" asked Amber excitedly. "Maybe when your older dear." said Molly with wide eyes as icicles covered the ground out of NO WHERE. "I hate mummies! They never play fair!" groaned Jonathan. "JOIN THE CLUB!" yelled Molly kneeling in pain as a sharp pain shot through her stomach. 'Oh god no! Not now! Anytime but now!' thought Molly knowing fully well what was happening. "Say I could use a diamond like that." whispered Jonathan as a blue light emerged from the top of the building. Imhotep glared at Jonathan and hit him with the oxygen tank. "OW! The devil did you do that for!? AND WHY'S MOLLY NOT WEARING IT!?" shrieked Jonathan. "Dad, Dad I think my water broke!" yelled Molly feeling a wave a pain wash over her. "You joking right!?" yelled Jonathan. "NO!" yelled Molly kneeling over in pain as Alex ran over to her. "It's OK, Molly! You're going to be OK! Just focus on your breathing! MOM! DAD! Molly needs help!" yelled Alex as Molly groaned and grabbed her stomach in pain. "Hang on, Molly! Daddy's coming!" yelled Jonathan rushing towards his daughter. "Mother? Mother!? Alex, what's wrong with Mother!?" asked Amber frantically. "It's fine, Amber. You're Mom's going to be OK. Your brother or sister is ready to come out that's all!" assured Alex. 'Anubis....I...I don't think I'm going to survive.' said Molly asked they made a makeshift stretcher and placed her on it. "Keep breathing, dear, we'll get you to Shangri La and you'll be just fine!" said Evie holding her niece's hand. Molly smiled weakly and cried out in pain as another contraction hit her. 'It is your child that is in danger. It is not getting enough oxygen and therefore shall die.' said the God. 'Anubis...save my child's life. Please. I don't care what happens to me. Just save my baby.' said Molly. 'If I were to save your child's life, I would require a sacrifice.' said Anubis. Molly bit her lip. 'Then I will give you my child. If you save them instead of me, I will let you marry them if it is a girl and if it is a boy, they are yours to serve for all time.' said Molly crying out in pain. 'You would give your child to me without a moment's hesitation?' questioned Anubis in surprise. 'You haven't let me down so far.' said Molly as the stretcher was lowered. "It's going to be alright, love, we made it. You're going to be OK!" said Jonathan stroking Molly's hair. "Not this time, Dad. I'm afraid my time's come to an end for real this time." said Molly with a sad smile. "What? Molly what are you talking about!?" asked Jonathan frantically. "Take care of Amber and the baby for me. And tell Ardeth I love him." said Molly feeling her stomach tingling. "Molly!? MOLLY!" yelled Jonathan as the yetis rushed her away with a woman instructing them. "It's be alright, Jonathan! Molly's in good hands." said Evy resting a hand on her brother's shoulder. 

Amber was sitting between her grandparents nervously. It'd been over an hour seen her mother had been taken away and she was getting worried. That is, until the woman, Zi Yuan, came out carrying a small bundle with a sad smile. "Where's my Mother?" asked Amber with a frown. Zi Yuan looked over at Lin and said something quietly to her before handing over the bundle. Lin looked over at Amber with a small smile before walking over to the girl. "Amber, your Mother is....sleeping. A sleep she isn't going to be waking up from. But she wanted you to know she loves you and your sister and she'll always be looking out for you." said Lin stroking the girl's hair. "Molly's.....?" began Jonathan as Imhotep bowed his head to hide his tears. "No...." whispered Rick. "Mother's....gone?" asked Amber tearfully. "It's alright, Amber, I know it hurts now, but look. She gave you a baby sister before she went to sleep." said Evie taking the bundle from Lin and showing her great niece her new baby sister. The baby had a tuff of raven hair like her father's and her mother's skin tone. Amber wiped her eyes and she looked down at her little sister. "Can I hold her?" she asked weakly. "Of course dear, she's your sister after all." said Evie gently and helped Amber properly hold her sister. "Does she have a name?" asked Amber curiously. "Not yet. But why don't you name her, Amber?" asked Lin with a small smile. Amber looked down at the sleeping baby for a minute. "How about Iris?" asked Amber thoughtfully. "Iris, that's a lovely name dear. I'm sure your Mum would've loved it too." said Evie. "Hi, Iris, my name's Amber. I'm your big sister. Mother isn't here anymore but Father, Great Uncle Rick, Great Aunt Evie, Alex, our grandfathers and I will take care of you and make sure your never lonely or sad, or scared." said Amber. Jonathan sniffled as he watched his oldest granddaughter interact with her sister. 'God, Molly, why did you have to leave us again?' he thought as Imhotep placed a hand on his shoulder. "Aahmas wouldn't want us sitting around here mourning her death. She would want us to celebrate the birth of her child and to bring the Dragon Emperor to his knees." said the priest sadly as his own eyes glistened with tears.        

Sorry for the delay in the update guys. I was busy with my Scooby Doo and KISS series among other new story ideas I've been having only I haven't gotten around to updating it. Before I continue this story, I want to know if you think I should spare the Dragon Emperor like how I did with Imhotep in this book or should he be killed? If yes for saving, do you want it to be Amber or someone else? Let me know! I'm always open to suggestions!