Adventures in Egypt

Well, Molly's aunt Evelyn certainly wasn't kidding when she said this would be a birthday Molly would NEVER forget! Why do you ask? Well, let's see....as soon as they had gotten to Egypt, her aunt wanted to find someone who would bring the trio to the City of the Dead also known as Hamunaptra. And were did that lead them exactly? To a prison yard where Molly's aunt and father decided to engage in conversation with  a man by the name of Rick O'Connell who was to be executed for entering said place that they were looking for. Jonathan, being the protective parent that he was, made sure Molly was away from O'Connell even though he was behind bars he wasn't taking any chances. He point was proven right when O'Connell had taken hold of Molly's aunt from behind bars and KISSED her smack on the lips in front of the father and daughter. Molly had covered her mouth trying not to puke seeing as though this guy was DISGUSTING looking! Oh, and for some reason, a dizzy spell had over taken the eighteen year old while her aunt was trying to convince the jailer to let O'Connell go and have him take the group to the City of the Dead. Molly staggered with a hand over her eyes as she gripped onto the railing trying not to faint. Jonathan had noticed right way something was off with his daughter and rushed to her side holding her upright. Evie had also noticed something was drastically wrong with her niece and ran over to help her brother. While everyone had been so distracted by the eighteen year old, nobody noticed the rope that was currently strangling O'Connell to death had snapped and he had fallen flat on his ass in the sand. Jonathan immediately sat Molly down and ran off to find her some water thinking his daughter was getting heat stroke and started rambling about how her aunt letting her dress like she was attending a funeral with NO hat WHATSOEVER was a REALLY bad idea. After that fiasco that afternoon, Molly's aunt had FINALLY convinced the jailer to let O'Connell take them to Hamunaptra. Well, only on the condition that HE went with them. So by now the Sun had set and Jonathan was making sure his daughter was all ready for bed. "You sure you don't need me to stay here with you!?" called Jonathan through the bathroom door. "Dad! I'll be fine!" protested Molly through the door. "I'm just worried about you after that little dizzy spell this afternoon." said Jonathan once the bathroom door had been open. "Dad, it was nothing! It went away as soon as I sat down." said Molly sitting on her bed. "Well, what if you get seasick during the night!? We are on a boat after all." said Jonathan. "Dad, I'm NOT going to get seasick! First of all, we're riding the Nile RIVER not the Nile SEA. Second of all, if I were to get seasick, it would've happened by now." said Molly. "But what if-" began Jonathan as Molly's aunt came in. "Jonathan, will you stop worrying so much about Molly? She practically a grown woman by now." said Evie. Jonathan looked back at his daughter with a worried look. "Dad, I swear I'm going to throw you overboard if you don't go to bed." said Molly. "And you know I will." "Come along, Jonathan, we've got an excited day ahead of us tomorrow." said Evie literally DRAGGING her older brother out of the room. "Sleep well, dear." said Evie with a smile. "Night, Aunt Evie." said Molly going over to the door. "If you need me my room's just down the hall!" said Jonathan. "Goodnight, Dad!" said Molly quickly closing the door before her father could get another word in. Soon after, Molly had gotten under the covers and drifted off to sleep. 

Aahmas was now almost a year old. That meant she was attempting to get along on more than just her hands and knees. Imhotep watched with a smile as Aahmas crawled around on the floor. He even let out a soft laugh when the child mistook one of his priests for a gold statue she would normally try to chew on with her three little teeth. Of course the priest that got bit by her didn't find it funny in the least bit and handed the child to her "father" with a glare. Aahmas would only tilt her head and go after the amulet around the High Priest's neck attempting to teeth on that instead. "Aahmas..." whispered her father. "My little princess, soon both you and Anuck Su Namun will have the whole world in your hands. And together, we will rule it."  the priest then placed a kiss on the top of the small child's head. 

Molly had jolted from her sleep covered in a cold sweat. Great, another nightmare. Deciding to take her father up on his offer just this ONCE, Molly quickly got out of bed and ran to her father's room. Except for one little problem, her dad wasn't alone in his room. Jonathan was currently pinned against the wall with a man all dressing in black hovering over him and had his arms pinned above his head. Now you could PROBABLY see why Molly was confused upon seeing the position they were in. "Uh, Dad?" asked Molly from the doorway. Both men immediately whipped their heads in her direction. "Are you just going to stand there are you going to bloody help me!?" yelled Jonathan struggling against the stranger. The stranger watched her through dark eyes as his face was currently hidden. Molly could also see black tresses that poked out from what he was wearing on his head. Oh crap....now he had eyes on her. Molly frantically looked around the room for something to help her dad with. Luckily for her, there was no need as O'Connell had showed up and the two started shooting at each other. Molly immediately got to the ground and covered her head with a scream. "Time to go, love!" said Jonathan who had gotten free and grabbed his daughter's arm before running to safety. 'Oh great, the boat's on fire now.' thought Molly bitterly as her father continued to drag her along.