The Guardian

"Dad, is this REALLY necessary?" asked Molly sitting on her bed as her father was currently hammering wooden planks on the windows of the hotel the group was currently staying in. "Damn right it is! No mysterious guys all dressed in black will be visiting you tonight, young lady!" said Jonathan. "And the hotel staff is OK with you doing this?" asked Molly raising an eyebrow. "Look on the bright side, love, could be in your aunt's position with locked doors and two body guards." said Jonathan who was starting on the next window. "You mean two idiots who just so happen to be there when the chest was opened?" asked Molly crossing her arms. "Again, could be worse." said Jonathan. "Why must this one be suck a fool?"muttered the voice in her head. OK, Molly's had just about enough of this voice in her head! "Dad, I'm going to run to the powder room!" said Molly standing all of a sudden. "Alright! Don't be gone too long!" called Jonathan over his shoulder. Molly could faintly hear a "And no boys either!" come from her room just before she closed the door to her room quietly and sneaked into another room that was completely empty. "Alright, who are you and why are you in my head!?" snapped Molly out loud. Hey, she wasn't about to talk to herself out loud in front of her father, he'd think she lost it! "I'm the one who's protecting you from the creature that once called himself you father." WHAT!? "Come again!?" asked Molly feeling her stomach turn. She could practically hear the thing sigh from inside her head. "You are the creature's reincarnated daughter. Her name was Aahmas. The girl's mother died when she was born so the Pharaoh's High Priest called Imhotep decided to raise you as his own." said the voice. "What about her real father? Surely he could've raised her." said Molly slowly. "He wanted nothing to do with the child so he abandoned her." "Just like me....." whispered Molly hugging herself remembering the abuse she had endured under her birth father until one day she had escaped and was taken into the Carnahan family without any sort of hesitation. "At first, Imhotep loved Aahmas greatly and would do anything for her. But then he started a relationship with the Pharaoh's mistress Anuck Su Namun." "What happened to her...Aahmas I mean after her supposed father was sentenced to Hom Dai?" asked Molly. Hey, if there was anyone who could tell her about her ancient counterpart, it was him...ah her...it! Whatever IT was that was stuck in her head! "That is where I was to come in. Before he tried to bring Anuck Su Namun back from the dead, he preformed a ritual on Aahmas to defend and protect her from those who wished to bring her harm." "Did she grow up to the point of reaching adulthood?" asked Molly becoming more curious about her past self more and more by the moment. "She lived to be about your age before dying by the hands of a Medjai." Molly swallowed hard. Well THAT was comforting to know....NOT!!!! "But, if Aahmas passed on then, well no offense but...WHY THE HELL ARE YOU IN MY HEAD!?" screamed Molly. "As I said before, you are her reincarnation. A pact was made that day during the ritual and the moment you were born I came back into existence." "So you've just been laying dominate in my head for the past eighteen years!?" hissed Molly. "You didn't come anywhere near the City of the Dead so I found you to be in no real danger." it said practically with a shrug in its voice. "Oh VERY FUNNY!"muttered Molly under her breath. Unknown to the eighteen year old. Some ELSE ha crept into the room she was sort of having a conversation with herself in. Beni grinned to himself when he spotted the girl. Imhotep would be so pleased with him when he brought not only the book but the girl with him as well! Quietly, Beni sneaked up behind the girl and grabbed onto her tightly making her scream. "Hey! Let me go!" yelled Molly when she felt someone grab her pinning her arms to her side. "And have a pissed off ancient mummy suck the life out of me? No thanks!" said Beni. "You little twerp! I can see why O'Connell wants to KILL you!" said Molly struggling to get free. "Yeah, yeah, time to bring you to Imhotep!" said Beni dragging the eighteen year old out of the room. "How about no!" said Molly sending a hard kick to Beni where the sun don't shine. Beni let out a high pitched girlish scream before falling to his knees holding his crotch. Molly smiled in victory before be-lining it the HELL out of there!  "Impressive....." muttered the guardian. "I'll take that as a compliment!" said Molly running past her father and O'Connell in the hallway. "Molly! Your supposed to be in your room!" yelled Jonathan after her. "NOT NOW, DAD! KINDA BUSY!!!" yelled Molly over her shoulder. "Get back here, you little brat!" yelled Beni half running/half limping after the eighteen year old. "Hey! Didn't I bloody tell you to stay away from my daughter!?" yelled Jonathan grabbing one of O'Connell's pistols and chased after Beni. "Here we go again..." muttered O'Connell running after Jonathan.