Awakening the Creature

"But that's not all that was found in the sarcophagus!" said her aunt excitedly. "Really, what else did you find?" asked Molly as her aunt held out something in her hands. "Scarab beetles. Looks like our mummy friend was sentenced to the Hom Dai." said Evie. "Hom Dai?" asked O'Connell. "A punishment worse then death itself. A way to prevent his soul from ever being at rest forcing him to be a curse upon humanity for all time." said Molly staring at the scarab beetles in her aunt's hand. "How'd she know that?" asked O'Connell pointing to Molly. "Well, she is her aunt's niece after all." said Jonathan with a proud smile. All of a sudden, Molly slapped her aunt's hands sending the scarab beetles into the fire. "Molly! The devil are you doing hitting her aunt like that!?" yelled Jonathan only to hear fits of squealing shortly after the little flesh eaters hit the fire. "Oh gee, I don't know, maybe because those bastards were still alive?" asked O'Connell sarcastically. Not to long after THAT little incident, O'Connell along with Molly's aunt and father were having a couple of drinks. And let me tell you, it didn't take long for Evie to get drunk in the least bit. While the three of them were having a few drinks and laughing, Molly decided to take a little walk around camp. When she was closer to the edge of camp, Molly could faintly make out people on horseback riding towards the camp. 'Oh this can't be good!' thought Molly running back to her father and aunt. "Dad! We got company coming!" yelled Molly skidding to a sudden halt in the sand. "Good company or bad?" asked Jonathan with a confused look. However, before she could answer her father, Molly dived to the ground upon hearing gunshots go off. "That answer your question, Dad!?" yelled Molly as her father also dived for cover. "Obliviously!" yelled Jonathan back as a large group of men all wearing black came riding in a horses and started attacking everyone. Throughout the little war that was going on, Molly had lost sight of her aunt and father as well as O'Connell. One of the men on horseback had even taken a swing at her sending her tumbling backwards into the City of the Dead. "OW!" groaned Molly when she finally stopped rolling down the passage way. Well THIS was just great! She was lost in the mazes of tunnels in this place and didn't know how in the hell to get out of here! 'Welp, guess I got no chose but to go a random direction and hope to hell it's the way out....' thought Molly bitterly as she turned on her flashlight she always carried in case of an emergency. One thing was for certain though, her dad was going to KILL her for not staying put and deciding to go off on her own in a completely unknown area to her. Molly was walking for possibly ten or fifteen minutes when a loud roar and a scream echoed throughout the halls. Now you think Molly would do the logical thing and run the OTHER way like her father always taught her, but nope, she decided to be like her aunt and run TOWARDS the sound. "GO BACK!!!!"roared the voice in her head. 'Nope, ain't listening to you whatever you are!' thought Molly entering a room where she thought she heard the sound come from. "Hello!? Anyone in here!?" called Molly slowly shining her flashlight around the room. Soon as she turned around, Molly jumped back with a yelp and covered her mouth with one hand when a man with NO eyes at all started reaching for her. Oh, and he was missing his tongue on top of his missing eyes mind you! "Who did this to you?" whispered Molly reaching forward to try to comfort the poor man. "Aahmas...." came a voice the sounded like it was somewhere next to her. Actually, scratch that, it WAS right next to her. Molly froze slightly and slowly turned until her flashlight landed upon,you guessed it, a LIVING WALKING TALKING MUMMY! Molly could practically hear the voice in her head going "I told you so!" even though it was being quiet. Molly let out a scream and dropped her flashlight backing against the nearby wall pulling the man with the missing tongue and eyes with her. OK, THAT explains how that happened then! "Aahmas...come with me my little princess." said the mummy holding out a bony hand. "Sorry, wrong person!" said Molly trying to thing of a way to get the hell way from this thing! Then, the room started to spin slightly. 'Oh no, not again!' thought Molly grabbing her head with one hand. Molly's entire body started to feel as through it was on fire as she began to tremble. 

Imhotep had started to suck the life out of a foolish man who dared to come across him when he heard someone else enter the room. Perfect, two lives that he could suck out. Who cares? The faster he regenerated the faster he could put his plan into motion. Imhotep quickly leaped into the shadows where he saw a young girl with mid length brown/black hair entered. There was something familiar about this girl he just couldn't put his bony finger on it. Then it hit him. Aahmas. His precious little Aahmas was alive and well! His plan to protect her for those damned Medjia as well as the new Pharaoh had worked! The guardian had done it's job well. Imhotep briefly thought back to the day he risked the life of his little princess shortly before if he was to bring his beloved Anuck Su Namun back from the dead....

Imhotep carried little Aahmas wrapped up tightly in a linen cloth as he entered the Temple with his priests following behind. Once inside, Imhotep lay the small child on the alter that was normally used for offering to the gods. Aahmas whined as she looked up at the High Priest with big and shining brown eyes. "I'm sorry, little one, this is for your own protection until I've returned with Anuck Su Namun back from the dead....." whispered Imhotep as his priests began circling the small girl chanting. Imhotep looked up at the paintings of the gods before him and began to chant for them to bring forth one who would protect Aahmas from those who wished to execute her or cause her any sort of harm. To merge with the child and become one with her and defend her when she needed it most. To guide her when she was lost and there was no one to guide her. Meanwhile, on the alter, little Aahmas began to scream and cry in agony as a blinding light began to surround her. Imhotep felt a small tear roll down his check as the child wailed in pain but there was no choice. It was for her own safety.... 

Imhotep was immediately snapped back into reality and began to approach his child as she tried to comfort his victim. "Aahmas..."he whispered in a raspy voice. Aahams seemed to tense for a moment before she turned to him and let out a scream. Of course she was frightened...he was not yet fully regenerated so she didn't recognize him. "Aahmas...come with me my little princess." said Imhotep holding his hand out to his daughter as she backed away from him. She then grabbed her head almost as though she were going to faint. Then, a golden light as begun to swarm around her as she gritted her teeth. 'The guardian!' thought Imhotep backing away. Why was it trying to attack HIM!? HE was the one who had summoned it to protect her! Aahmas had then let out a scream almost like a roar as the light came towards Imhotep sending him crashing through the wall. OK, not the smartest idea summoning who knows what into a almost twelve month old baby anymore. This thing was WAY stronger than he would be fully regenerated. 

Molly opened her eyes with a groan and gasped quietly when she saw the walking plague currently lying in a HUGE hole in the wall across from her. 'Huh, for once that dizzy spell did something RIGHT!' though Molly looping an arm over the poor man who was still whimpering. "It's alright, I'm right here. Let's get you out of here or at least to a safer area!" said Molly helping the man by leading him out of the room.