Instead, I shut off my phone, get off the ground and lock myself in a stall which will be my home for the next few hours until this place closes and I can leave without anyone seeing what a mess I am right now.

I quietly cried and tried to analyze how this all happened right before my eyes. If he wants to marry her, then how am I gonna win him back? It's impossible. I don't want to ruin their happiness...

But what about my happiness?

"He's gotta still love me..." I sniffle and take a deep breath as I heard the bathroom door squeak open.

"Robyn, I know you're in here." Z sighs. I sniffle again and sigh loudly to try breathing steadily.

"I'm sorry...but I think everyone is about to celebrate their engagement upstairs right now...we should get out of here for the rest of the day, I can tell Chris we went to an important event or something for charity-"

"N-no...go party with your best friends, please."

"Robyn..."

I open up my stall and look at her straight in the eyes.

"You're NOT my best friend. I don't know why the FUCK you give a shit about me!"

"HEY! Don't talk to me like that! I may not be your best friend yet...but I'm your damn friend because-"

"BECAUSE YOU FEEL BAD FOR ME! I'm this hopeless, lonely, poor, bitchy, bipolar woman, huh?? Go party with your best friends and LEAVE ME ALONE!" I push her out of my way and stomp out of the bathroom with an enormous amount of anger I've never had before. I've never felt so alone before in my life.

I didn't even have my keys or my purse; only my phone. I groan under my breath and look out the window of happy civilians just walking around outside, enjoying the fresh air, laughing and smiling, some were even dancing....ugh...

"I'm gonna go get your keys for you..." Z says over my shoulder and I slowly look back, and she was already on the elevator to get them. Ugh. I shouldn't of yelled or pushed her.

It looks like she's all I've got right now.

💜

Christopher Maurice Brown

1:05pm; same day

"Hey future hubby!" Melody walks into my office and closes the door behind her

"Uh, hey Mel, what are you doing h-"