"Maybe a therapist would be nice. I'm no medical expert here..." Z says after a few moments of silence. I nod.

"So, to be clear, you aren't sorry for leaving him for New York..."

"I mean..."

"Okay, um, you are sorry for breaking his heart, right?"

"Yes. I...well...I mean I knew what I was doing though when I broke up with him...I didn't care about his feelings at that point. Fashion was all on my mind. All I wanted to do was start a new life in New York..."

"Well LOOK where you are now! You're back in California, working with your ex! Robyn, this isn't 'your dream' that you had a few years ago!" Z scolds me. I frown.

"You're right.....he's my dream and I let go of it."

"So, for the last fucking time, what are you gonna do about this?"

"I'm gonna finally talk to him. I'm gonna tell him I want us to make us work again...and....."

"APOLOGIZE!!"

"APOLOGIZE!!!!!" I exclaim louder. She shakes her forehead sadly.

"Dammit Robyn..."

"What!?"

"I really don't think you're sorry for hurting him and that's what scares me!"

"What do you mean it scares you?"

"I-"

"Z!!!" Melody appears from out of the blue and hugs her best friend happily.

"Hey!!!" Z beams and looks at me with her eyes wide open while her friend hugs her tightly. I sip on my coffee and pretend to be nonexistent.

"Hey, you're Robyn, right?" Melody smiles and I slowly nod.

"Hi!" She waves like a child happily about a new toy. I wave back like an adult. I roll my eyes once she glances away.

Why the hell was she so jittery???

"Why the hell are you so hyper today, love?" Z laughs at her.

"I'm getting married!!!" Melody struts out her hand with an exquisite diamond ring on her finger, and begins to squeal like crazy. Z looks at me and I look at her. Z looks back with a smile for her best friend as she hugs her again, jumping up and down. Z couldn't help but be happy for her best friend, but she didn't want to hurt me either. Her reaction was a fake mess.

"I-I've gotta use the bathroom..." I quickly sprung up from my seat and ran to a further bathroom from the coffee shop to calm myself down before I have a whole panic attack.

I slam the bathroom door and sink to the ground. I tried to contain my tears for the longest, hoping I could gather myself together to stop the storm from exploding in me...

Chris PROPOSED to her!?

Z began blowing up my phone with calls and texts, but I refused to answer any of them. She's Melody's best friend, not mine. She's also Chris's best friend, NOT mine. I don't know why she would bother at all to deal with me anymore...