Chapter 12: Hurting You

Taeyeon woke up early to take a shower and got ready for school. She thought taking a hot shower would relax her a bit, but it didn’t. She felt nervous, scared, and she felt like throwing up. ‘If Yuri does show up, what do I say?’ she thought to herself. She had to admit, Yuri was an intimidating person. She was finished getting ready and went downstairs.

“Good morning sweetie.” Her mother said. Taeyeon gave her a slight smile. “Are you okay?” She asked.

“I’m okay.”

“Are you sure? You seem bothered by something.”

“Nope, everything’s okay.” Taeyeon lied. She didn’t like lying but since that’s all she did, she became good at it. She’s lied so many times that she couldn’t keep track of all of them.

“If you say so. Eat something before you go.”

“I’m not really hungry, I think I’ll just go.” Taeyeon said putting her backpack on.

“You have to eat something Taeyeon. It’s not good to have an empty stomach.” Her mother said with concern in her voice.

“I’ll get something at school, I have to go, bye mom.” Taeyeon said before walking out the door. She walked out too quickly to hear her mother’s response. Now she had two people to worry about, Tiffany and Yuri. ‘Can things get any worse?’ Taeyeon said to herself. 

While walking she couldn’t help but feel like someone was following her. She looked around but she didn’t see anyone. She told herself she was being paranoid and shrugged it off. She was getting closer to school and looked around to see if Yuri was anywhere in sight, but she didn’t see her. She was almost to the entrance of school, then she saw her. 

Yuri was standing not too far from her. She looked fine, except for the fact that she had a white patch on the side of her head. Taeyeon froze when Yuri made eye contact with her. Taeyeon couldn’t face her, so she turned around and walked away.

“Taeyeon wait!” Yuri called. But Taeyeon didn’t stop, so Yuri went after her. Taeyeon looked back and saw Yuri was following behind her so the first instinct she had was to run.

“Yuri don’t.” Jessica said, but it was too late to stop her. Jessica then spotted Tiffany and she walked towards her. “Tiffany.” Jessica said.

“Yes?” Tiffany said.

“My name’s Jessica, we have classes together. I’m Yuri’s friend.”

“Right.” Tiffany said not to happy to hear Yuri’s name.

“I just need to ask you a few things.” Jessica said.

“About?”

“About Taeyeon.”

“Why would you ask me about her?” Tiffany asked with a cold tone.

“I know she’s your friend.”

“No, she isn’t.”

“But you were.”

“So.”

“Is Taeyeon the reason you don’t like Yuri? What happened between you and Taeyeon?” Jessica asked.

“What happened between Taeyeon and I is none of your business.” Tiffany said not too happy.

“Your right…….we need to talk?”

“Why?” Tiffany asked.

“Because I need your help.” Jessica said.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------