Chapter 5: Beautiful Monster

Taeyeon was sent back to her room after the boy had brought her some food. He looked like he was in a hurry so she didn’t have time to ask him again about how he got rid of it. It was getting dark and the person that came and brought her flowers hadn't come yet. Taeyeon really wanted to know who it was, and she was hoping it was Tiffany. She felt like she couldn’t do anything because the camera was watching her. Taeyeon needed to go to the bathroom and was careful when she was getting onto the wheelchair. While she was in the bathroom someone came in.

“Taeyeon I have a…..uh Taeyeon?” The person said not seeing her in bed or anywhere else in the room. She expected to see Taeyeon peacefully lying on the bed sleeping, but she wasn’t there. “Taeyeon?” The person called again. Taking another look around, the person heard a door open from the back of the room. They turned and saw someone coming out of the bathroom in a wheelchair. The first thing that came to their mind was “she can’t walk’.

“It’s you? You’re the one who’s been bringing me the flowers?” Taeyeon couldn’t believe who she was seeing.

“Taeyeon, your in a wheel chair? What happened?” She said about to cry.

“Yuri I’m fine, I just don’t have the strength to walk.”

“Thank god, for a minute there I thought you were paralyzed from the waist down,“ Yuri sighed in relief, “I’m happy I finally get to see you awake. I was afraid you were never going to wake up.” She said running up to Taeyeon and embraced her.

“You seem very happy to see me……I never thought it would be you. You’ve been the one who’s been bringing me flowers since I’ve been here.”

“I’m very happy.”

“How did you find out I was here?”

“I was wondering why you haven’t been to school so I tried looking for you and found out you were here. But don’t worry I didn’t tell anyone.”

“Thanks….so no one knows I’m here? I can see why no one came to see me. Can you believe I haven’t even seen my parents? They told me they came but I was asleep.”

“I can go get them right now if you want.” Yuri said trying to make Taeyeon happy or at least smile a little.

“It’s late and I don’t want to bother them. At least I got to see one person I know or recognize. Thanks a lot for coming, it means a lot.”

“We may not be close friends, but I’d like to be.” Yuri couldn’t believe that just came out of her mouth.

“Really? You want to be friends with me? Why?”

“I want to get to know you.”

“But I pushed you the first time we met. You don’t hate me or strongly dislike me with a burning passion?”

“Of course not. I forgave you for that.”

“But you could have been seriously hurt.”

“Yeah, but I wasn’t. I really want us to be friends….I mean if you want.”

“Okay then. I guess you’re my only friend now.”

“What happened to your other friends?”

“I messed up and they probably hate me now.”