"Thanks." I manage to get out as I lift the glass to my lips taking a long sip. It was just as awesome as I remembered. Then it dawned on me that I haven't even had this particular drink since I was last here. Meanwhile, I have been to plenty of other Asian and Asian inspired restaurants, especially in recent weeks, where I am sure this drink would be available. When I think about it though, I am certain that I wouldn't have bothered to order it because it would make me think of him.

"Gabe?"

Almost like I spoke him into existence.I look over to see a tall very handsome form moving toward me. Kai is looking handsome as usual, but he wasn't wearing his usual business casual look. Instead, he wore a pair of fitted, faded, blue jeans that were worn and torn strategically with a black V-neck shirt and canvas shoes. I suddenly felt over dressed as I looked down at my yellow maxi dress.

I stood to greet him, not sure if I was supposed to give him a hug or what, and the moment soon became awkward as he stood before me watching me with those eyes of his. Time seemed to slow down a bit and the restaurant and crowd of people seemed to fade into nothingness.

Seconds give way to a minute. This was a bad idea.The words echo around in my mind over and over. I am starting to think that he feels the same way as he suddenly looks away from me breaking the trance. He clears his throat as he takes a seat and I eye him in a not so subtle way before taking my own seat.

The waiter materializes with another drink setting it down in front of Kai. He looks over at me. "Would you like another, Miss.?"

I look down at my glass, not even realizing that it was almost empty. When did I do that?I wondered. "No, I think I will have rum and coke, easy on the ice please." The young man nodded raising an eyebrow at me in silent approval, one corner of his mouth turning up slightly. I watched the waiter go then let my gaze roam about the large space taking in sounds of incoherent chatter and blended aromas.

"You look nice today." Kai spoke up suddenly bringing my attention back to him.

I unconsciously look down at my dress smoothing out imaginary wrinkles. "Thank you, you look great as well. It has been a while."

"It has." He held onto his glass as it set on the table watching it mindlessly.

I opened the menu and looked it over purposely distracting myself. "So what was it that you wanted to talk about?" I asked as I held an internal debate on whether to order the crab ramen or the spicy tuna rolls. Several moments passed causing me to look up at him. He seemed to be stuck on something perhaps he was just getting his thoughts together. I turned my attention back to the menu.

Several more moments passed.

"Your rum and coke." The waiter had returned suddenly startling me a tiny bit. "Are you ready to order?"

"I will have the crab ramen, medium spice please." I say as I close the menu handing it to him.

"And you, Sir?"

"Just spring rolls for me, please."

"Ok, one crab ramen and one order of spring rolls. Would you like me to bring that out with the young lady's order?" Kai only nodded in response. "Great, I will put that right in. Please let me know if you require anything else."

"Thank you." I said to him as he walked away. "Did you plan this out, Mr. Shin? Everything is the same as the last time, except you ordered the ramen and I ordered the spring rolls." I let out a short laugh. "I can share with you, if you want."

He finally looked away from the glass. "I might have." He said with a faint smile. "This place holds a special significance, I thought it would be nice if we repeated that day." He took up his drink empting it in one swallow. "I have missed you Gabriel. I know that it is my fault that I haven't been able to see you, so much happened after that night."

"I saw that." I wasn't trying to be an angry person with that remark; I was just stating the facts. He seemed to take it personally anyway as his eyes darkened slightly.

"I am not sure why I did that after the party. In that moment I had felt so connected to you, it seemed so natural. I had wanted to meet with you after it happened, but then I was informed that Sun-Joo's parents finally came around. I was suddenly busy with family dinners, the engagement ceremony and other things. Once all that died down, I felt that too much time had passed and so it just became this awkward thing."

"You could've returned my calls." I said remembering to keep my voice calm and even.

"I was embarrassed. I didn't know what I was going to stay to you. I didn't have an excuse for the way I behaved." I felt like he was hiding something as he said this, but I couldn't be sure.

"I was worried about you Kai. You just ignored me completely. That hurt."

He looked away from me, truly ashamed. "I know, I'm sorry."

I was on cloud nine until that moment I came crashing down.I pushed way the unwanted memory. "What made you want to contact me now? If it's for those wings, I can get them to you."

"No, I am not worried about that. When I saw you that evening, it was as if I had thought you into existence. I had thought about you often that night. I remembered how you said you had wanted to go but couldn't and then suddenly, there you were looking like an actual angel. I was suddenly back at the hotel with you in an empty hallway after the charity function. I didn't realize how much I had missed you, how much I needed to see you."

I didn't want to, but I forced myself to ignore the last part of his statement. At this point, I am completely unable to acknowledge anything. "I was just as surprised as you. I had been thinking a lot about you as well that evening. To say I was shocked at seeing you there would be a total understatement." I take a sip of my drink. "Your fiancé seems lovely, congrats, by the way." Seeing the look on his face, I got the impression that wasn't what he was expecting me to say.

"Uh, thanks."

The food arrived then, a much welcomed and needed distraction. With the tension dispersed for the time being, I took up my fork and dipped it into the bowl swirling the contents about. It smelled wonderful as I brought a fork full of noodles to my mouth. I stopped short. "Would you like some?" I asked lowering the fork over the bowl gently sliding it toward him a bit. At first he shook his head, then thought better of it taking up his chopsticks from the rolled napkin. I offered one of the empty bowls the waiter had brought with our food and he scooped some of the noodles into it. I grabbed the spoon to ladle some of the broth into his bowl; I even gave him most of the crab and the egg, his favorite.

I knew he was watching me as I pulled the bowl back toward me, and I made sure to keep my eyes on my food when I once again gathered a fork full of noodles and practically shoved them into my mouth, slurping loudly even to my own ears. Eventually he began to eat as well, the silence stretching out between us seeming both suffocating, and normal. It was normal because of our level of comfort with each other, suffocating because there were many things not being said, things that could not be said lest the situation would become unbearable.

At least that is what I wanted to believe.