Chapter 14: Scare Bet

Start from the beginning

Gaster considered this. "So we take Chara, and put her through a set of scenarios... to scare her."

"I don't know... isn't it kind of mean?" Pristina asked.

"Actually, kind of sounds fun," Gaster exclaimed.

"What?"

"Finally, something we can agree on," Hapstablook replied.

"So... when do we begin?" Gaster asked.

Awkwardly, Napstablook asked, "...um ...should i go?"

----- ----- ----- ----- ----- -----

The next day, Pristina was taking Chara down into the Waterfall valley. She had Gaster set something up for her.

Being given the first turn, Pristina planned to win this bet here and now.

"So, where are you taking me?" Chara asked.

"Well... um..." Uh oh, didn't think this far ahead, Pristina thought. "...You see, ...there... is a rumor that there is a box that was lost in the valley, and if you sit in it for, a certain amount of time, uh, something interesting happens..."

"Okay, what are you up to?"

"N-nothing. Nothing at all!"

"Whatever... let's see this box."

They approached the box Gaster set up for her, which, like she asked, was just a normal wooden cabinet.

"A cabinet," Chara said. "Is this a prank?"

"No, no, no," Pristina replied. Not exactly that, at least, she thought.

"Fine, I'll bite. You want me to sit in that... 'box,' for how long?"

"For long as you... want. Just... knock when you want out."

Chara rolled her eyes, and stepped into the cabinet. Once she closed the doors, Pristina ran up, and locked them up.

Gaster walked out from behind some nearby brush, followed by Hapi.

"Hey, what you doing here?" Pristina whispered to them. "You need to go."

"Oh, don't worry, I made sure the box is soundproof. She can't hear us," Gaster replied. "So what is it you're trying to do?"

"Well, when I was younger, I was playing hide-and-seek with some friends, and I hid in a cabinet like this. Well, I hid so well, that no one found me-"

"Oh, dearie, you hid in your house, while everyone else was playing outside. It was your own fault we didn't find you, we thought you went home," Hapstablook replied.

Pristina stomped her foot down. "Don't bring that up! The point is, I was in there for long, such a tiny box, and a little dark-"

"So you're trying to scare Chara with claustrophobia, the fear of small and dark spaces," Gaster replied. Well, this could do the trick, he thought.

"Well, I locked the doors, and was thinking I wouldn't let her out when she knocked, like I said I would."

Gaster chuckled. "I didn't think you would be so evil. Hapstablook, you can phase through the cabinet. Check on her when she knocks. Let's not be rude and keep her waiting"

So they waited... and waited... Twenty minutes, thirty minutes, forty... After about an hour, Chara knocked. Hapstablook quickly flew in and back out after a couple seconds.

"She... looks normal. A little annoyed, maybe," She told the skeletons.

Pristina sighed. "Okay, you two hide."