Part eighteen- Dream on.

I know it's short and I wanted to make it longer, but I have to go to work now and I was just too excited to upload! :) I hope you guys enjoy it and vote and comment if you want to. You'll get another update soon C: xx

I’m The Option You Shouldn’t Have Chosen- Part eighteen- Dream on.

I woke up startled and sat up in bed as a sob threatened to escape from my throat.

It was all just a horrible dream...thank heavens. I couldn’t help but feel overwhelmed by the urgency of the matter, Slade was going to have to mark me if I wanted to stay say. Being with Slade is bad, but deep down I knew it was better than being taken away by Alec, Darton and Blake. Slade was evil, but from my dream, they seemed far worse.

I climbed out of bed and walked over to my window so I could check out side and see that it was safe. Better to be safe than sorry I thought.

A whimper escaped my throat as I saw shadows around the bushes outside, just like my dream. This couldn’t be happening! Without a second thought, I made my panicked, shaky legs run across the hall and into Slade’s study where I burst through the door. He looked at me as if he was about to get really annoyed at me.

“D-don’t look at me like that, like I’m some problem.” I stuttered. “But there are vampires creeping around outside and I know its Blake, Darton and Alec.”

“But how do you know all of this?” Slade asked while curiosity shun from deep in his eyes.

“Don’t question me! Any minute now Blake and Darton are going to knock on the front door and you are going to leave me here while you go answer that. But you can’t because the minute you leave, Alec is going to jump down from the ceiling and then take me into my room to try and rape me and then mark me.”

Something crossed through Slade’s eyes that looked like pure rage and a little disbelief? I was on the verge of anger, why wasn’t he going to believe me? I had to get him to believe me or at least trust me.

But what really shocked Slade was when the doorbell rang. You could see the decision making slide across his face. Why couldn’t he at least let me know what he was thinking?

“Show time.” Slade exclaimed while flashing his shiny white and ultra-pointy teeth.

As Slade started to head toward the study door I screamed at him “You can’t leave me here! Everything will go wrong!” Was he really just going to let it all play out like it had in my dream? Because I certainly wasn’t up for getting raped twice in a day, I’d already experienced it in a dreamlike state and that was bad enough!

My panic levels were at an all-time high as Slade walked to the door and clutched the handle in his hands. I thought he was really going to leave me until I heard the crack of wood and the next thing you know Slade had ripped the door off of its hinges and slammed it up and into the roof. Marking the exact spot where Alec would have jumped down from in my dream.

The next round of events were all a blur as I stood in the middle of the room, not really knowing what was going on because everything was happening at vampire speed. I heard a thump and looked down at the floor to see nothing as they were already flying around the room again. A final bang signaled the end of the fight as I look down to see Alec near my feet with a slab of pointy wood sticking straight through his chest. I held in a scream as I saw his lifeless eyes staring up at me, but then out of nowhere he blinked and I really did scream.

Slade came up behind me and gently placed his hands on my shoulders. “It’s okay;” He cooed softly, “the wood will immobilize him. He can still see and hear but he can’t move.”