The Trap

The Dalek Emperor waited in the throne/control room of his flagship. It would not be long now. The Time Lords would come to investigate, and their downfall would follow.

A warning signal flashed on one of the controls.
"REPORT," bellowed the Emperor.

"ONE HUNDRED BATTLE TARDISES APPROACHING THE GATE," replied a Dalek.

"LET THEM THROUGH," the Emperor ordered. "THEY MUST NOT DETECT US UNTIL THE TIME IS RIGHT."

"I OBEY," responded the Dalek.

----

The group of battle TARDISes flew though the gate, a white void that connected E-space to the main universe.

"No sign of the Tharils," reported one of the TARDIS operators.

"Interesting," replied the Captain. "Keep searching," he ordered.

The flotilla exited the white void and entered E-space. The blackness of space was tinted green, per the norm, but that was not the only difference between E-space and the normal universe. There were far fewer stars than there should have been.

"Still no sign of the Tharils, Captain," reported the operator. "Or of any life. Something's not right."
A warning siren blared, and his face lit up in horror.
"Emergency! There are-"
His words were cut off as the TARDIS lurched violently, knocking him out.

"What's the meaning of this," shouted the Captain.
His face drained as he saw the screen. His ship had been hijacked from the outside by the Daleks! It was now being pulled into the engines of the Dalek flagship! He looked up through the transparent ceiling of the ship and saw the largest fleet he had ever beheld, with the menacing form of the flagship at the center. It was the last thing he ever saw.

----

"LEAD TARDIS CAPTURED," reported a Dalek.

"TARDIS ENGINES CANNIBALIZED. WE NOW HAVE THE ACCESS CODES TO THE GALLIFREYAN SYSTEM."

"EXCELLENT," the Emperor boomed. "THE RESOURCES OF GALLIFREY WILL SOON BE OURS. THE TIME LORDS WILL BE EXTERMINATED. WE WILL BE MASTERS OF TIME!"

"WE WILL BE MASTERS OF TIME," chorused the Daleks.

With that, one million Dalek warships launched into the Time Vortex. The Time Lord flotillas they encountered threw everything they had at them, but stood no real chance and were swept away by the immense enemy fleet.

Before long, the Daleks were out of the vortex. Before them was the shining golden crescent of Gallifrey, with its second sun emerging from behind it. A barrage of weapons flew from it through the emptiness of space to the Dalek fleet, but it was not nearly enough. Gallifrey itself was under attack.