chapter. 4

original update: april 17, 2015

edited update: august 10, 2016

n a r r a t o r

"grand pops!" 13 year old alexa came down the steps of her parent's house greeting her grandfather.

"i have a present" it was christmas day and alexa cherished her grandparent's gifts the most. they usually had a significance in life.

"what is it?" alexa moved her head looking at the wrapped rectangle.

"open it" her grandpapa handed her the book, making alexa tear the paper apart. she examined it as an old book, empty with no words. the brown book, had wrinkly paper with a string to wrap around outside of the book.

"it was once mine, its a wish book. if you always wanted something just write it and wait for it to come true" although she didn't understand the old man, she hugged him anyways and in a blink of an eye she appeared at the cemetery.

with lightning in the background, the dark gloomy day replayed in her head. the day of her grandfather's funeral.

she sat next to his grave stone, holding the book and as the rain splashed on the current page- she wished he was alive again. she regretted being so selfish, when the only wish she really wanted was for him to be with her again.

| f i v e  m o n t h s  p r i o r  t o  d a t e |

as alexa looked through her bedroom window, staring at her father washing the horses, she ran downstairs to gather her wish book. she hasn't used it since, but thought it was time to write something she always wanted.

a companion.

little did she know her wish was to arrive a little late.

| p r e s e n t  t i m e |

getting up from her nightmares, alexa took a deep breath. she really did miss her grandfather, and ever since he passed her grandmother hasn't stopped by often.

"are you okay?" cameron startled her, knowing for sure she wasn't even loud.

"yeah just go back to sleep!" alexa took her anger off on cameron, which made him confuse.

"i'm sorry was i being too harsh?" she bit her lip holding her head in frustration. she hardly had nightmares, but this one shook her up. something about it was trying to tell her something, it was the barn catching on fire. it was only two in the morning and she couldn't go downstairs to listen to her record music to sooth her.

"no its okay, wanna talk about it or...?" cameron offered since they were both up and weren't going to sleep anytime soon.

"i don't know, why aren't you asleep?" alexa now looked at him confused, was he watching her sleep?

"i couldn't sleep, my jaw is still tense and shit" cameron didn't possibly care about his foul language in front of a girl who probably never cursed before.

"maybe if you didn't fight back or so" alexa started looking down to her covers messing with them.

"so you wanted me to just get hurt like...never mind it doesn't matter anyways" cameron mumbled and alexa became confused.

"uh i think we should just go back to sleep" alexa grabbed her blanket, covering her whole body. she squeezed her eyes shut as her tears formed on her eyes, they trickled down in the remembrance of her grandfather. both teens sighed at the same time laying down, staring at the ceiling in front of them. soon it became harder and harder for alexa to breathe, removing her the blanket from her face she turned to face away from cameron's side. the tears fell onto her pillow and she couldn't help but cry even more. making it clear enough for cameron to hear.

"alexa?" he lifted his body up from the mattress on the floor, looking at alexa's tiny body wrapped facing the wall.

"leave me alone" she pushed him away.

"don't cry" those words made her silently cry even more, making her bite her lip in pain.

"alexa" although cameron met alexa for such a short time, he really wanted her to stop crying. it ached his small heart to see a girl cry, especially where as he was going to be stuck with alexa for some time.

"go away" she repeatedly pushed him, but he wasn't going to give up easily. he stood up from were he slept sitting on her bed, she tugged the blanket on top of her head again not making him able to view her. cameron crawled near her, alexa not realizing he was shirtless, alexa just closed her eyes and held the blanket over her head. this wasn't her first break down, or was it going to be her last.

"alexa, please stop" cameron couldn't see her like this, she was just too pretty to be crying over a reason he didn't even know. was it because of her nightmare?

"cameron just-"

cameron ripped the blanket out of her face and her eyes were pitch red, with the moonlight streaking against her room, but she was still beautiful in cameron's eyes. he was drowning in feels and you could possibly say he caught feelings. alexa gasped breathing in a lot of oxygen that was needed. she stared coldly at cameron, tacitly she pulled her body upward. still breaking no eye contact, alexa pulled in for a hug placing her head on cameron's shoulder. it was way too early for any other action, that could've been done.

"shh" cameron cooed noticing she still produced tears.

"hey look" cameron lifted her head off of his shoulder and she laid on her legs facing cameron. "why we're you crying?" cameron asked holding on to alexa's hands together, her frown deepened as she pulled away from his grip. it was also way too early to be telling cameron about everything that happened in her life. he had to earn it, he had to earn her trust and in alexa's perspective she thought it was too early. she wiped her tears off herself, before breaking all the connection she had with him. grabbing the hem of her blanket she covered her shoulders closing her eyes before trying to go to sleep. once again she pushed him away, she wasn't ready and cameron sat there astonished.

what did he do wrong? his feelings were mostly occupied by confusion. why does she push him away so easily? how would they ever get to know each other more if she wouldn't open up to him? she was so protective of her past, she was so secretive. in most cases cameron is usually the one pushing the girl away, but in this case the girl is pushing cameron away. it was a messed up cycle, as a result making cameron never know alexa like nash did and it ached even more.

he just sat there, until he realized she drifted asleep so quickly. her small sores filled the room, cameron didn't know should he move or should he just stay on her bed hugging her. knowing she just pushed him away he brought himself together knowing it would be too early for them to cuddle. before he returned to his place near the floor, he planted a sweet kiss on her temple.

"good night" his words made her shifted a little, returning fully on the mattress he stared on top of the ceiling.

did this make you cry or...? comment and follow