chapter. 8

original update: april 17, 2015

edited update: august 10, 2016

n a r r a t o r

 | l a s t  s h o w  d a y |

(i apologize in advance if the first part is confusing, skip to the part with the symbol ••• read the beginning to understand everything better, doesn't make a difference oops ok.)

today was the last day, the day alexa dreaded the most. it was the last show day, which meant cameron would soon leave and forget her. she wasn't sure what to feel, but she defiantly caught something for him.

the past couple days were filled with pure emotions and excitement, but that's all going to be drawn by tonight.

"cameron" alexa poked his cheek, while he was half awake/half asleep.

"mhm" he replied with his eyes closed, and both arms wrapped around her waist. he tickled his face onto her stomach, making her giggle.

walking by alexa's room, sierra smiled at thought of cameron being truly happy ever since arden left. the door crept open a tad bit enough for sierra to see the both of them.

with another door opening, sierra closed alexa's door quietly turning to see (rob)ert.

"good morning robert sir" sierra spat out a quick greeting, before walking past him-only to be stopped.

"when are you guys leaving?" robert started to brew the coffee, grabbing a newspaper from the bottom cabinet.

"tomorrow morning, i believe?" sierra shrugged fidgeting with her fingers.

"does he know?"

"the real question is does she know sir" sierra had the same thought as rob.

"i think she deserves to know when you guys are leaving" alexa's father only wanted the best for his daughter, as she was his only child.

"i don't think you see the whole circumstance here, it's already too late" sierra referred to the fact that alexa and cameron had already fell for each other.

"what do you mean?" rob poured the coffee into two cups, one for him and one for her.

"let's just say they're happy together, thus it's too late to break things off" sierra sipped on.

"but what are we suppose to do? honestly i cannot see this as a long term thing especially as the only way out is him breaking my daughters heart! and rather than her getting upset for a large amount of time, she might as well get it over with now!" robert only thought that cameron did no good, and either way he was going to eventually break alexa's heart.

"sir why can't you accept the fact that your daughter is happy with my brother. what do you think my brother is? he isn't a bad person" sierra furrowed her brows.

"how do you know she's happy? okay look sierra i don't want to argue because one it's too early for it and two alexa and ruth really enjoy your company. so i'll let it go but know if cameron leaves tell him not to come back" robert covered his entire face with the newspaper completely shunning sierra out of his radar.

•••

"hey cameron do you have to go to the last show?" alexa pouted as she begged him to stay with her, he already missed half of the shows with her but sierra allowed him.

"yes c'mon alexa it's the last show it'll be fun" cameron pulled her up from the bed, holding her leaving a small peck on her nose.

"but i'm too lazy to dress up" alexa frowned and groaned, grabbing cameron back down. in the awkward position, cameron hovered over her with her hands on both sides of his cheek.

barging through the door was someone cameron hated the most. okay maybe he didn't hate her, but he sure didn't like her presence at all.

mrs. karen dallas- cameron's grandmother, she was the head of everything and had to be treated with most respect.

getting off of alexa, he straightened his posture to greet karen. she sneered at alexa's appearance and whispered silently into cameron's ear.

making him gulp intensively, he couldn't be more upset.

"i'm alexa, it's nice to meet you" alexa presented herself to karen, waiting for a handshake back.

"don't worry about me, you are not within my concern. it'd be actually really respectful for you to not interrupt my conversation with my grandson. you should have left instead of just standing there, i mean honestly nobody likes noisy people now?" karen stomped on alexa's happiness word after word and cameron's eyes didn't show any sincerity.

rather his eyes showed fear, alexa knew he wasn't going to stick up for her so she would just leave.

"it was nice meet you anyways" alexa bit her lip before running out of the room, straight into the barn. clenching her hair she dreaded where everything was heading.

he'd be gone forever, right after the show. his grandmother hated her. what else would go wrong?

screaming, she wished she hadn't felt anything for this boy.

"are you alright?" a young girl around alexa's she, came through the barn and she seemed familiar. her caramel hair fell onto her back, with loose curls at the end. she wore a floral dress which suited her very well and had outstanding pieces of jewelry.

"yeah i'm fine, sorry i didn't know you we're here" alexa sniffed in the puffy tears.

"sorry i was walking around and then karen left so i didn't know where to go actually" the girl smiled, and alexa cringed realizing her name karen.

"you seem familiar, i'm alexa" alexa sat down on a stood, with her shorts and tank top.

"hey i'm arden."