A Plan Gone Right and a Plot Foiled

Chapter 4

-Arcturo POV-

I was currently outside with my sister, Crystal, eating some spare metal that was provided. It was a fortunate thing that Ozpin allowed Crystal to attend Beacon as my partner. That was some time ago, though. Now, we're currently watching as a whole bunch of students are running from the cafeteria, with some yelling something about a food fight. Crystal and I are just shaking our heads at the nonsense of it all.

As there is chaos going on inside the cafeteria, Crystal and I are just watching through the windows, viewing upon the madness that is a sparring match with food as weapons. At some point, Yang got sent flying through the ceiling by Nora. It all came to a close as Ruby created a funnel effect using her Semblance to beat JNPR in one move. Goodwitch came into the picture and cleaned everything up, followed by Yang falling back down through the ceiling.

After Ozpin seemingly calmed the Goodwitch of the North, he then came over to us and asked for us to meet someone in his office. I looked to Crystal and we shrugged our shoulders to each other. "Can you tell us who this person is and how they will react when they see us?" Ozpin reassured us that he has us under his protection. I was still unsure because I don't want anything happening to us, especially to Crystal.

We went up to his office, intangible of course, and waited for Ozpin to signal to us to reveal ourselves. We slowly became tangible and this guy with greying hair and in a military uniform freaked out for a second. "Ozpin! What are they, some kind of new Grimm?!" I shook my head no. "No, we're not those soulless copies of living creatures. We are Necrofriggians, or in simple terms, "Half-dead ice moth beings". We have aspects of moths, ice elementals, and ghosts, such as an attraction to a specific pattern of lights, cryomancy, and intangibility. We are usually asexual beings, but my siblings and I, (yes siblings I have more), have some human DNA mixed in with our Necrofriggian DNA, making us hybrids. Our mada, long story short, used a device to turn himself into a Necrofriggian during the time to lay eggs and we came into being."

He had a look of puzzlement on his face. "Well, that is definitely something. Um, alright then. You're not Grimm, but a new species to this planet. I'm guessing something to do with out there, but I don't want to go into detail. I am General James Ironwood, of Atlas. *looks to Ozpin* "Thank you, Ozpin, for having me meet these two and preventing me from making a mistake involving them being attacked." Ozpin then dismissed us, so we went intangible through the wall.

Once outside the building, we decided to find RWBY to spend the day with them. We searched for a bit until we finally found them in the library playing some board game. We watched for a bit until Blake went off on her own. Being the friend I am, I followed her to the dorm. "Blake, do you think you could tell me what's bugging you? No one else is here, just us." Blake proceeded to talk about how the White Fang is out there doing something with Torchwick and how we shouldn't just be attending school.

After her little rant, I spoke up. "Blake, you're right, but you're also wrong. They are out there planning something big with mysterious backers in charge of their operations. That doesn't mean that we are truly capable of taking down their operation for good. We don't even really know their plan. It'll be a better idea to wait a little bit for either them to slip up, or we learn a little more about their plans as a team. If need be, I can go out in secret to find Torchwick and learn some more details of their plans. They're stealing Dust, so maybe Weiss could check records on that while you and the others could plan more on that, but just let me handle the information gathering, alright?"

She nodded, albeit nervously. "Listen, I know you are anxious to get out there and make a difference, but you can't do it alone, especially when you aren't 100%. You need your team to help you shoulder some of this burden, that way, you don't burn yourself out and they don't feel guilt and self-loathing because you got yourself killed when they could've helped but weren't able to." Blake's eyes went wide at that idea before agreeing to calm down a bit.