Blake's Secret and A Familiar Face

-Arcturo POV-

Currently, I am walking with Ruby and the others through Vale, taking a look at the decorations being set up for the Vytal Festival. We are, at the moment, at the docks because Weiss wants to spy on the competition as they arrive here. We were walking along until we saw a ransacked Dust shop. They asked the authorities what happened and that sparked a whole argument about the White Fang between Weiss and Blake. 'Oh no, here comes the problem rearing its ugly head.' I thought as we now began chasing after a monkey Faunus.

We were chasing him down until we lost sight of him due to Weiss running into an orange haired girl that didn't seem right because she smelled like a lot of metal. 'Must be a robot or android or something.' I thought to myself. Ruby and the others finally took notice of the girl on the ground and the girl got up, unnaturally in my opinion. We introduced ourselves to the girl who introduced herself as Penny. When I introduced myself, she asked a very obvious question. "I apologize, but I must know what you are. Are you a Faunus or something else?"

I only chuckled due to her innocence. "I am a Necrofriggian that was brought to Remnant by a vortex that spontaneously appeared. My race are also known as 'Half-dead ice moth beings' if that makes it any simpler." She only nodded, then we parted from her with Ruby calling her "friend". I quit paying attention because I felt a presence nearby that was very familiar, like family familiar. I tried to pinpoint where that feeling was coming from, but it vanished as soon as it popped up.

I decided to dwell on it later and focused on the current situation, which was another Weiss and Blake argument. This continued on long after we got back to Beacon and were in our dorm in the night hours, up until Blake ousted herself as a Faunus. I stepped in and froze the door, window, Blake, and Weiss so that there was no escape or chance to yell out.

"Alright, since you two didn't want to calm down, let's take this time to chill out before anything else happens. Blake is, in fact, a Faunus, a cat Faunus to be precise." I looked towards Blake. "Blake, I told you they would find out sooner or later, but I kept your secret to give you time to ready yourself to tell them before this kind of thing happened." I then turned to Weiss. "Weiss, you're family may have been targeted by the White Fang, but remember that there are Faunus being kept as slaves in most, if not all Schnee mines. Your father is the main cause of all this and your acting like him." I then look between them. "Now, when I unfreeze your heads, Blake you are to explain your past to your teammates and the choices you made to in regards to how the White Fang operates. Weiss, you are to listen to Blake and hold all judgment until she is completely finished with her explanation. Do you understand those terms?"

They both nodded as best as they could. "Good, now remember that I can always evolve to my red form, which has much colder ice." Their eyes widened before I let some of the ice around them melt. Blake then started telling us about her past, her hopes for equality between humans and Faunus, her plans to peacefully change everything. She then went on to describe how she was forced to take part in some more violent acts like vandalism, thievery, and other small-time things. She made it a point to mention how she never mortally wounded nor attacked humans unless she was forced to knock them out. She finally continued on to where she left the White Fang because she hated how the White Fang are willingly attacking and killing innocent humans and Faunus because of differing reasons, the humans because they aren't Faunus while the innocent Faunus are attacked because they refuse to join the cause.

Throughout the entire time, Weiss listened and her eyes were opened to some of the struggles that Faunus truly deal with. When Blake was done, Weiss quietly spoke. "Blake, I'm sorry for acting like my father. I don't want to be known as a Faunus hater. I truly didn't know the struggles Faunus have to deal with every day. I'm also sorry for roping all Faunus under the same banner. You're right, not all Faunus are bad. I've been such an idiot believing that all Faunus are evil. Please, forgive me." I saw her eyes and she truly meant what she said.