Prologue

╔⊶⊶⊶⊶⊶✞⊷⊷⊷⊷⊷╗
PROLOGUE
⊶⊶⊶⊶⊶✞⊷⊷⊷⊷⊷

"Come on Havana all you do is work girl."

My friend begged me for what seemed like the hundred time tonight. Trust me I was all about that life but just not at the moment.

Why didn't I just lock my damn office door?

I had an early morning ahead of me tomorrow at work and me struggling to get out of bed because I decided to stay out all night didn't make me jump for joy.

"Lisa I don't know about you but I have to work in the morning so for the last time the answer is no." I said turning away from her.

I had to place together a couple of surgeries for my patients and I wanted them to have as many options to choose which would make them more comfortable.

All of a sudden Lisa places her hand on mine stopping me from working any further. I roll my eyes as a sign of complete an utter aggravation.

"I need this Havana, you know me and Anthony just broke up and I.........I-I just need something to take my mind off of him please." She pleaded desperately.

Come on Havana she's practically on her knees for god sakes

I wasn't the type to say I told you so because no one wanted to hear that shit but I won't lie and say that I didn't quietly say it to myself.

I had warned her about Anthony but of course she didn't listen. Her problem was she thought that she could change him but nobody could change someone who didn't want to be changed in the first place.

Anthony was your typical man-whore who couldn't put his childish habits away because he wanted a bitch to baby him all his life. I've had my fair share of men but they were always typically older because I didn't have time to spoon feed anyone's immature ass son.

But shit what the hell did I know?

As the years go by it seems like you have to spoon feed the older ones too

I stood quietly for a moment as a smirk rose on Lisa's face because she knew that I was actually thinking about taking up her offer. "Fine I will go with- I didn't even get to finish my sentence when she screamed.

"Thank you!" She said squeezing the hell out of my arms by pulling me into a hug. She pulled away quickly grabbing all of her things and scrambling out the door.

"Get dressed into something sexy, I'll send you the directions to the club!" She yelled blowing me a kiss.

I didn't know why but I felt like I had just been fucking played. I sigh again falling onto my office chair.

I grabbed the frame sitting on my desk that showed my stepfather and sister. I missed them very much and I couldn't wait to join them for Christmas.

After graduation I had moved to New York City to begin my dreams of becoming a doctor and running my own hospital. It wasn't easy with all the tests and completion but I've gotten my degree and a place to work however the second part of my dream was taking longer as I expected.

It was hard when Dad realized that I was moving away from home but I couldn't stay in Jacksonville.

I couldn't stay in a town where every corner reminds me of her. Especially when I barely even knew her.

Suddenly a text popped up on my phone reminding me of what I had just agreed to.

"Fuck my life." I moaned gathering my things.