Concern

Life was going well in both worlds for Kageyama. He enjoyed learning more and more about Hinata, and sometimes he would even share his own stories.  He also enjoyed seeing his friends back home, and his work was going really well. His manager praised him for the amount of detail he put into his work, but when he wrote about the things Hinata would tell him, it didn't even feel like work. He began smiling more, even in the Devil Kingdom. His friends questioned him at first, they weren't used to seeing Kageyama smile, but they got used to it, they liked seeing their friend happy. 

Hinata and Kageyama were hanging out together one lunch, talking about a movie Hinata saw the previous night. Kageyama could barely focus on what his friend was saying. He was studying the excited expression Hinata had, he found it pleasing - beautiful almost. Hinata was speaking extremely fast, and this threw him into another coughing fit. This happened from time to time, and Kageyama learnt to carry a packet of tissues with him, in case they were in these situations. 

The two were sitting side by side, and Hinata turned to cough into the tissue. Kageyama looked over in concern, and his eyes were caught by the tissue. His heart sank and his mind grew panicked, "Hey, blood isn't supposed to come out of there, do you need a doctor? I don't even know where doctor people are. I'll just call an ambulance, that's when the doctor comes to you, right?". Hinata waved to catch his attention, "It's fine, I'm fine, this just happens sometimes, it's not a big deal", Hinata broke eye contact, "The doctor said I'm okay, it'll go away soon, I promise!". 

Kageyama tilted his head. He didn't know why he became so frantic. Hinata was just a subject for his assignment. Why does he even care if Hinata is okay? Well, he is a very good and valuable subject. It would be a hassle to find another. Yeah, he was panicking about having to find another subject, that's all. The pair went on with they day with no further cough attacks, but Kageyama still looked over occasionally during class or practice, just in case.