Chapter 17: Deceived

Start from the beginning

He turns and gazes at me in astonishment by my surprising arrival. "... I see you brought your beast" He comes closer to us but Raven snarls at him which makes him freeze. He glares at Raven and he stops and avoids his eyes by looking to the side. "Are you going to give me your beast?"

I got off of Raven and dust myself off while staring at him with a stone face. "No. That's not part of the deal. He's only here to accompany me" I exclaimed.

"You sure about that? If he stays here any longer, I don't know if I can resist my temptation." He said while smiling specifically at Raven, trying to scare us.

I rolled my eyes and snapped my fingers to get his attention. "Don't even try, we're both here for one thing only" I said and sent Raven away. "I'll call you when I'm finished"

'Yes, Master' Raven bows his head and runs off into the distance.

I turned around to see him up close to me and we looked at each other in the eyes. "Sending him away won't help much because I can still track him" He grins evilly and then continues speaking but I wasn't listening. I was focused on his head that seemed as big as father. I wonder if the flower crown fits him. Well in order to know, I'll have to test it...

"So... yeah an- hey, what are you doing?!" He shouts as I place the flower crown on him. It fits. "What is this shitty thing??" He slapped my hands off of his head.

I smirked with a satisfied face. "It looks cute on you!" I tease him as he throws the thing onto the ground and even stomps on it which makes me mad a bit but I can create another one. "I guess flowers aren't your thing. Huh, pretty boy?" I cracked a smile at him.

"Of course not! These fucking things give nothing but allergies, itches, and even death! Why do so many people like these things??" He complains and I watch him go into agony over some flower crown I made. He really has a short-temper...

"You curse a lot..." I comment and get my book out. "Whatever, let's just begin because I want to go home already" I swipe through the pages.

"So you'll just give me your mana and we're done, right?"

"Correction. I'll only give you half if I give you any more than that at once. I could die" I show him the book. "There's a limited for transferring mana so you'll have to be patient"

"... Fine" He states "No funny games though"

"Only if you don't" we both give each other serious faces making the atmosphere gloomy. "I trust that you'll only take half of my mana, will you promise that?"

He curled his lips into a smile. "A promise is a promise but after this, may I ask for your name again? It's unfair if you only know mine but I don't know yours"

"... Sure" I agreed to the terms.

*TIME SKIP* - Minutes Later -

After discussing our terms and how we're going to do it, we finally came to an agreement that we'll leave each other alone after he replenishes his mana. I don't even know if he needs my name at all but since I already exposed my real self to him with my blonde hair and jewel eyes. I should be cautious of him but, he doesn't seem like the type to snitch on people.

"I heard the emperor's name is Claude. That's stupid" He complains. "No offense though because usually emperors are supposed to have names that are linked to immortality"

"None taken," I said. "The emperor killed the previous one who was the heir to the throne" I explained to him.

"... Who's your father?" He asked me. "You don't seem to be in a good relationship with the royals at all even when you have jewel eyes" His red eyes glow up as he stares directly into my soul. "Are you a bastard?"