12-{TENSIONS RISE AND STORIES UNFOLD}

{CHAPTER TWELVE {IT'S BLOOD

{CHAPTER TWELVE
{IT'S BLOOD

«««»»»

Flashback...

His hands shook in fear but seemed to pause as he took in a deep breath. Worrisome thoughts circled his mind making King Quill remember the last time he felt this useless and that's when his wife was in labor. He hates the not knowing, the waiting and just not being with her. "Quill." Looking up from his desk to see his wife, Andromeda and mother-in-law, Viva caused his heart to twisted in nerves.

In a haste, he made long strides to embrace his queen in his arms bluntly ignoring the older woman to his right. "How is she?" Seeing a sweet smile rest on her face caused some relief as he felt, he could breath again.

"She's a woman now." But as the relief came it when within a second. Quill's eyebrows pinched together as he remembered seeing blood run down his little girls leg.

"That makes no sense." Untangling himself from Andromeda, he noticed Viva roll her eyes but decided not to say anything as his mind was only on his little girl. "She's only seven."

The queen began to answer when her mother intervened. "She's been blessed."

Quill shook his head, pressing the matter at hand. "What are you talking about?"

"Centuries ago our family helped heal this woman who was on the verge of death." The three moved closer to the kings desk making him sit at his throne with Andromeda resting on his armrest. The couple didn't say anything as Viva walked closer to the window. "We didn't do it expecting anything in return, but the woman obliged. Turns out that woman was a mage, a powerful one might I add. She was working on a spell for herself, she was an elf and knew how hard it was for us to reproduce." Quill still remained quite as the older woman approached his desk. "But she wanted to reward our ancestor for saving her life, so she blessed her with a womb that could bare any child. The blessing has passed down for generations to come and I thought Andromeda was next in line. That's way I had so many Kings trying to arrange marriages with their sons so early." This caused Quill to tighten the grip on his bride thinking of others with his wife. "But at the age of seven, she didn't receive her womanhood until seven years after that." This caused Andromeda to look down in shame. "But Nakhti definitely has the gift." Standing from his throne to lean against his golden piece of furniture questions became to spill from his lips.

"What does this mean?"

Excitement littered her face as she shared the news. "She'll be able to provide this kingdom with strong heirs and not just one, but as many as she desires. Legend has it, she even could make the most infertile man provide her an heir for this kingdom. And with this war coming she probably needs to start soon. We'll give her six years. Wait until she's a teen then we'll begin." Just hearing those words along brought disbelief to the kings ears.