4-{DEFENDING THE WITCHER'S HONOR}

{CHAPTER FOUR{GERALT MAY BE A WITCHER, BUT

{CHAPTER FOUR
{GERALT MAY BE A WITCHER, BUT...

«««»»»

King Foltest fit the basic stereotype for a man of his position; he was a white man with a receding hairline and let's not forget the round belly that kept him from seeing his own feet. A scowl was the only thing, Nakhti could express as his attention remained on his food rather than the important conversation that was taken place and it really irked her. She remembers when she was little there was never a movement when her father or mother sat back to let others do their responsibilities. They especially wouldn't sit at such a grand table eating a meal without insisting that others should join.

"Miss Merigold, you were dispatched to settle a family affair, not to enlist a mutant mercenary for a game of sleuthing." Nakhti held back a gag as the king began to smacked his jaw, letting his food show.

"This is no game, Captain. Tonight is a full moon, and Geralt along with Lady Nakhti has already proved theirselves to be invaluable." The room stood still as the mage continued. "We believe we can cure the creature."

"You say she's a girl. Then you will refer to her as Her Royal Highness." To most, they would grow irritable at the Captain, but the Evellien respected him for how loyal he was to the crown. Even though the one who wore it, seemed not to be suitable.

"Segelin," the Lord from earlier who broke up the crowd walked over to his associate gaining everyone's attention other than the king's. The puny man made the elf tighten her fist as she remembers the last words he had spoken in that alley. "I believe urgency warrants flexibility in court decorum."

"The witcher's theory is nonsense." This caused Geralt to casted his gaze down to his companion and that's when he noticed her clinched fists. "Princess Adda was the people's angel. Who'd wish to murder her?"

"What about her lover?" The king's halt in movement didn't pass by Geralt or Nakhti. They noticed his pause at the mention of the unknown lover.

"Seditious rumors. Idle courtesans trading out boredom for jealousy." Desperately, the elf tried to hold in the laugh that threatened to spill from the captains nonsense.

"Perhaps if you called off your guards, if we were able to search the abandoned castle," Tris spared a glaze at the king but gave up immediately when he shoved more food in his mouth. "We could find clues to who cursed her."

"Except this witcher would kill the princess as she sleeps, and collect the minors coin." Nakhti had enough of this blabbering, as she stepped forward to be side by side with the sorceress the similar tone of voice emerged from Geralt's throat to be heard by the few in the room.

"Call her a princess." Both Tris and the petite elf stepped aside to give the witcher their attention. "Call her a unicorn if you'd like to." A single brow rose as confusion took over. "She grew inside Adda, feeding on her petrified womb."