5-{FINDING THE POWER WITHIN}

{CHAPTER FIVE{I DON'T WANT ANYTHING TO HAPPEN

{CHAPTER FIVE
{I DON'T WANT ANYTHING TO HAPPEN...

«««»»»

The white stoned castle stood mighty as the harsh winds gave it no mercy. The beautiful structure had seen better days with life pouring out of every nook and cranny, however now it bears darkness that lurked on every surface. "You were told to leave Temeria." The mutants who hide in the shadows waiting for the right moment to strike, turned to face the mage who invaded their stakeout.

"But come on." Geralt's strong hands gestured towards the castle. "These views." Not meaning to, the elf casted her gaze downwards, landing on his thick behind. Now that's a view, quickly at the thought appeared it flew from her brain as Tris' voice rang through the air.

"Are you going to kill her?" The shifting of their torsos caused some sound to emerge in the cold air, but not much that the guards who stood just twenty feet away on the bridge could hear.

"I don't want the miners' coin."

"Or mine, apparently. What is this girl to you?" This was a question Nakhti has been dying to ask along with the broach that he carried close by. There were just some things even a Queen was to scared to ask the witcher. "Why do you care?"

"You first?" The childish comment brought a grin to a certain pair of rosy lips, while Tris didn't seem so amused. "I saw how Foltest and his boy spoke to you. Why help those who won't listen?"

As first, her face formed into a questionable shape. Neither Geralt or Nakhti said anything as the mage tried to process her thoughts. So instead of trying to explain herself, Tris calmed her features and decided to get the attention elsewhere, and elsewhere landed on the two men in armor. "I'm sure someone as legendary as you has already figure out several ways to get past Segelin's guards."

Geralt seemed to pause to collect his thoughts, meanwhile Nakhti picked up a rock that was just larger than her hand. "Here you go great witcher." Sarcasm was clear in the way the lady spoke earning a raised eyebrow from yours truly. No words were spoken as Geralt grabbed onto the rock waving it in the air in the sorceress' direction before turning towards the guards throwing it right behind them into the dark castle.

Their armors quaked in response to the unfamiliar noise. Each one of Foltest's men took one look inside the dark abyss and ran away like their lives counted on it. "Well," Nakhti stood up brushing some snow and other things off her clothes. "Who's going in first?" Soon after her words filled his eardrums, the witcher stood and without sparing a glance, he walked towards the castle entrance. "I guess you are.
Thanks for the communication."

«««»»»

Inside of the castle fit the gloomy weather that raised through the town of Temeria. The hallways were dark with old broken statues along with rotten beams that once supported the roof littered the tile floor. Geralt's heavy footsteps sent vibrations across the floor causing those broken pieces of those silhouettes to rattle in Nakhti's eardrum. "Temeria reeks of secrets. I could sense them." As the three ventured on, bodies of real men soaked the ground with despair. "Just like I could these bodies before we entered." As Nakhti stepped over a corpse of what seemed to be a young child's, Geralt placed his hand on her lower back to keep her mind away from the sadness that might overcome her soul. "I imagine you sense them, too." Nether Geralt or Nakhti said anything as the witch spoke. The elf was too busy looking at the horrid walls while the white wolf tried to open a few doors here and there. "Foltest and Adda." Nakhti finally looked up to see the painting of the now king but much younger and standing alongside him was his sister. "What happened to them?" Geralt turned to where the Queen's attention was on. "Not answering questions is a pillar of your brooding charm."