Epilogue I - Melanie

Start from the beginning

I'm pretty sure I doze off at some point because when my eyes suddenly jerk open, Corbin is putting all the supplies back in their place.

"Done?" I ask, suppressing a yawn.

He grabs a hand mirror and holds it in front of my face. A gasp escapes me as I turn my head at all angles to get a better look at myself. Jesus, Corbin did an amazing job. My makeup is light and glowy, nothing more than warm shades of bronze and champagne, perfect for a wedding. I'm used to wearing darker colours and thick eyeliner that I feel like a completely different person with this look. It's less edge and more girl next door with its softer tones. But it doesn't feel different or out of place. It feels right.

"Insane," I breathe. "I love it."

"I knew you would. Now go change in to your dress and do your hair. I'll get your appointments and close up."

"You're a lifesaver," I remind him and take the dry cleaning bag and hair kit from his outstretched hand.

Luckily, I'm smart as hell and designed my office to have its own working bathroom. I slip into my dress and admire how it looks on me in the mirror. It's spaghetti-strapped and the hem ends a couple of inches above my knees. The navy blue silk makes my blue eyes pop and I know an up-do is the way to go for this look. I plug in my hair curler and get to work, doing chunks of strands at the same time and wrapping them in a bun atop my head. I pull some strands loose and curl them to frame my face better. The end result has my complete approval and I grin. It's been a while since I've felt this hot. The hairstyle gives the perfect edge that my appearance was missing and I don't just look like the girl next door — I look like the girl next door that will get you in all kinds of trouble.

I walk out of the bathroom when there's a knock on the door and my chest flips over. I can even recognize his knock, that's how smitten I am. It's kind of gross.

I open the door and my breath catches from shock. Wolfe has the same reaction and for a moment we stand there, staring at each other.

"You're in a suit," I feel the need to point out. I've never seen the big guy in a suit and that has to be some kind of crime because what the shit? The dark black material is molded to his body, stretching at his biceps and chest and looking seconds away from ripping apart. His white undershirt is unbuttoned at the top and for some reason that works because it's so like Wolfe to be a little rugged somehow. Don't even get me started on the tie. I have some serious plans for that little cloth. My teeth fiddle with my lower lip as my eyes continue to trek downward, catching the glint of his watch and all the rings covering his fingers. When I finally manage to drag my eyes away from his body I gawk at his face. He looks different. That's when I notice it's because he has his hair tied back, long as it is now. The man bun is doing wonders on the big guy and compliments his beard well.

"You're in a dress," He throws back and sounds just as breathless as I feel. His eyes stay trained on every rise and dip on my body, flashing at the slit on the hem that exposes the tattoo on my inner thigh.

I grab his tie and wrap it around my fist, tugging hard. "Get in here."

I pull him inside my office and then push his body back against the door to close it. Thanks to my heels I'm tall enough to reach for his face but I still have to tiptoe as I bring his head down until it's level with mine. Our mouths fuse together and we both groan at the same time. That first touch of our lips never gets old to me. He still gives me butterflies like he did the very first time I laid eyes on him. Fucking butterflies.

I laugh against his lips when he grabs me by the waist and lifts me up, urging me to lock my legs around him. I feel him blindly walk us before he sets me down on my desk and knocks over a bunch of things in the process. He leans forward and forces me to lean back, his hands sliding up my bare legs and slipping under my dress until he gets a hold of my panties. When he starts to slide them down I pull away and raise a brow.