Chapter 25: last chapter

Start from the beginning

"Mm, I met Tom when he was about two weeks into the job," Robert said. "Word had gone around that he moved to the area, and I know his family's doctor over in London."

"His real doctor, or his-" I lowered my voice. "-mob doctor?"

Robert laughed and looked at Tom. "She's a keeper."

Tom managed a smile too. "I know."

Robert left Tom and I alone to go clean off the equipment he had used. Tom smiled at me and leaned forward, clearly about to press his lips to mine. I held my hands out to his chest to stop him. "Are you stupid?" I said.

"What?" Tom almost laughed.

"I can't believe you came to the warehouse!" I shouted. Tom laughed again and attempted to kiss me, but- "Stop trying to kiss me while I'm trying to yell at you!" Tom raised his eyebrows and pulled back. "You're an idiot!" I continued. "You knew it was a trap! You knew it was an ambush, but you came anyway! And without backup! You could've at least brought Harrison, but no you had to come alone ! Were you even armed?" Tom opened his mouth, but I held my hand out to stop him. "Don't answer that. God, you're so stupid. I'm so, I don't even have words for how mad I am at you! Was this some, some twisted way for you to, to prove your masculinity to me?"

Tom sighed, "Are you done?"

"What?" I said.

"I said," Tom said with a grin, "are you done?"

I sighed and rolled my eyes. "Yes. I'm done."

"Okay, first of all," Tom said, "I did have backup. Where do you think those shots outside came from?"

I hesitated. "Well-"

"And second of all," Tom said, "I love you."

My eyes grew wide as I sat up straighter on the medical bed. Tom stared at me, his expression of pure adoration not changing. "You what?" I whispered.

"I love you," he repeated. "I love you so much more than I ever expected to."

"Tom-"

"And I know I fucked up tonight," he said, "and I'm sorry. But when I knew he had you there, literally nothing could've stopped me from going to get you because I realized that I am desperately in love with you, and if anything happened to you because of me, I never would've been able to live with myself. So, yeah. I love you." He took a deep breath and let it out slowly. "And that took a lot for me to say, so I really hope I didn't fuck up by saying that."

I adjusted how I was sitting on the medical bed and wrapped my arms around his neck, pulling him down to me so he could press his lips to mine. Tom climbed on top of the medical bed and hovered over me, managing to knock a few things off Robert's metal table that was beside the bed. He was careful as he kissed me, not wanting to hurt my stitches. Still, I winced slightly, and Tom pulled away right away. "I'm sorry," he said.

"It's okay," I said back. He stared at me, and I brushed some hair away from his forehead. His once perfectly done style had fallen apart over the night with all the fighting and stressed-out hair tugging. I smiled. "I love you, too," I told him. "So much more than I ever expected to."

The others had left us at Robert's house, so we had to wait for Harrison to come pick us up. I thanked Robert a million times and even gave him a hug as we said goodbye. He shook hands with Tom before sending us off. I fell asleep in the car, still feeling exhausted and weak from the whole night. So much had happened, and all I wanted was to sleep for a year.

We got to the house, and Tom carried me up to his room even though I was more than capable of walking. I changed out of my dress -god I was so ready to change out of that dress- and into a pair of Tom's joggers and a hoodie. When I crawled into bed, Tom changed as well and joined me. I cuddled up to him, and he pressed his lips to my forehead. "I don't think you'll ever realize you changed everything for me," he said, his lips still close to my skin. I looked up at him.

"What do you mean?" I asked.

"I broke my rules for you," he said. "I told myself I could never fall in love or get attached to anyone, because it was easier that way. But-" He hesitated.

"But what?" I said. He smiled.

"But then I met you," he said. "And that whole part of me that didn't believe in love just-" He scoffed. "It didn't make sense anymore."

"Is that a good thing?" I said, stroking his cheek lightly.

He laughed softly. "It's a great thing."

I smiled and cuddled up to his chest, running my fingers across his stomach. "What do you want to do now?" I asked him.

"Well," he said, "we could do something illegal, or we could just watch Netflix."

"I've done enough illegal things for today," I said, reaching for the remote. "How about The Godfather ?"

"Well, that's an offer I can't refuse."

"Oh my god."

"You love me."

"Yeah. I guess I do."

~
Thanks for reading guys
Make sure to vote
~