Chapter 19: haunting past

* sexual harassment, mention of rape*

§
I woke up the next morning, squinting against the sunlight that was coming in through Tom's glass door. I turned to face Tom so I could cuddle back up against him, but he wasn't there. I frowned and pushed myself out of bed. My legs shook a little, so I gripped the bedpost to balance myself and rolled my eyes. Had it really been that long since I'd been fucked that well? So long that my legs couldn't handle standing up the next day? Ridiculous.

Once I knew I was fine, stretched my arms over my head and tossed my hair up into a ponytail. The boxers of Tom's that I was wearing felt like short-shorts, and his t-shirt fit me just like one of my own would, so I left his room, not really worried about looking inappropriate if I ran into Harrison or Harry or Sam. At this point, I knew them well enough that I didn't give a shit about what they thought of me.

I headed downstairs, assuming Tom was making coffee or breakfast for himself. It was about 10:00, so it only made sense that he was up and ready. He was much more of a morning person than I was. I was confused when I didn't smell coffee or hear anyone awake. So where was Tom? The next place I thought to look was down in the gym. As I neared the basement stairs, I heard voices, so I figured Tom was working out with one of the boys. But, as I headed further down, I didn't hear fighting noises. By the time I reached the bottom, I saw a large conference table set up with Tom sitting at the head and smoking a cigar. Harrison was to his right, Harry to his left. To the left of Harry was Sam, but there was no one else I recognized. There were only six other guys there. They all turned to look at me when I walked in, and I quickly regretted the outfit I had once been completely okay with wearing. I tugged at the hem of Tom's shirt and pressed my lips into a tight line. "S-sorry," I said. My feet were frozen to the spot.

"S'alright, darling," Tom said with a gentle smile, tapping the cigar over his ashtray. "I'll be up in just a minute." I nodded and forced myself to turn around and hurry back up the stairs. My cheeks burnt in embarrassment. I went straight to my room to tug on some sweatpants and put a bra on under Tom's t-shirt. Once I deemed myself more presentable, I went out into the kitchen to make a pot of coffee. I waited for it to brew, and reached up into the cabinets to get a mug.

I almost dropped the mug when I jumped as a pair of hands landed on my waist. I didn't even need to turn to know that it wasn't Tom. "Boss didn't tell us he picked up a prossie last night," he said, his breath tickling my ear. I tried to wiggle out of his grasp, but he just gripped his hands tighter. He pressed his frontside into my backside, making me increasingly uncomfortable. "Aw, don't be like that, darling."

"Don't call me that," I snapped.

"Hm, can only the boss call you that?" he asked, his nose brushing against the back of my neck.

"Can you just leave me alone?" I asked, still trying to move away from him.

"You've got quite the attitude," he said with an audible grin. "I'm gonna have to figure out where he found you. How much does it cost for a go with you, huh? Couple bucks? That's what the Americans call it, right? A buck or two?"

"Go to hell," I muttered. He laughed again, then moved his hands to squeeze my ass before he stepped away.

"Yeah," he said, "I like you." I finally turned to face him and memorized everything about him- strong cheekbones, intense eyes, hair buzzed on the sides but full on top, and a thin beard. He looked like he was a few years older than me. Without another word, he turned and walked to the front door. I heard it open and close and finally allowed myself to relax.