Chapter 25: last chapter

Start from the beginning

"Knife wounds on the left arm and on the jawline," Tom said.

"Alright," Robert said, putting on his glasses and gloves before gently grabbing my arm to look closer. "Has she lost a lot of blood?"

"I don't, I-" Tom was stuttering, clearly nervous. "I don't know. She, she says she feels dizzy."

"Okay," Robert said, his voice level. "I'll do a CBC to test her hemoglobin."

"How long will that take?" Tom said.

"Not long," Robert said. My eyes started to flutter closed as Robert grabbed Tom by the arm, causing him to look at him. "She's gonna be fine."

I felt a hand lightly tap my cheek, so I forced my eyes open. Robert was looking down at me as Tom was running his hands through his hair. "What's your name?" Robert asked, his voice soft.

"(Y/N)," I breathed out.

"Hi, (Y/N)," he said. "I'm Robert. I'm gonna prick your finger to get some blood, alright?"

"Mhm," I hummed.

"I need you to keep your eyes open for me," Robert said. "I can't have you sleeping yet."

"Okay," I breathed out. I felt him disinfect my finger before pricking it. The room was silent for a few minutes before Robert spoke again.

"Hemoglobin levels are fine," Robert said.

"What does that mean?" Tom said.

"Means she doesn't need a transfusion," Robert said. Tom breathed out a sigh of relief as Robert stood up to get some more medical equipment. He came back and started disinfecting the wound on my arm. My jawline wasn't bleeding anymore, but Tom kept the towel there for some added pressure. I winced and reached out to Tom, so he grabbed my hand and held it tightly in his.

"I'm right here," Tom said, bringing my hand up to his lips to kiss it.

"It hurts," I cried.

"I know," Tom said, his voice cracking. "I know. But it'll all be better soon." Tom looked up at Robert. "You got some anesthetic?"

Robert raised his eyebrows. "It's not something I keep on hand," he said. "Our guys don't usually need it."

"Robert, I swear to god-"

"I'm fine, Tom," I said, giving his hand a squeeze, reassuring him and myself. "I can handle it."

"Petal-"

"Just patch it up," I said, looking at Robert. "I'm fine." The corner of Robert's lips raised into a smirk as he nodded and grabbed the sterile needle to sew me up.

It didn't take as long as I thought it would for Robert to sew my wound closed, and while he appeared hard on the exterior, he was really nice to talk to. Tom was silent almost the whole time, his hand never leaving mine, so Robert struck up conversations. He asked me about my life and how I met Tom. There was some teasing about how I softened Tom up, but I could tell it was done out of love. "How long have you two known each other?" I asked when Robert finished the stitches on my jawline.