23: top of the world (part 1)

Start from the beginning

"How could he not tell me," Heather aggressively wondered as she laid upside down on Topanga's bed.

"Well Shawn's always been to himself and not the type to talk about feelings," Topanga answered as she joined laying upside down with Heather.

She does have a point, Heather thought as he sighed heavily and hugged her throw pillow close to her stomach. Heather presumed Shawn's heart was with photography, and she had even envisioned their future together as him being the head photographer of her future clothing line. A power couple working together, doing what they both loved.

"Speaking of feelings, how are you and Declan?" Topanga pondered as she faced Heather eye to eye.

"I haven't spoken to him since that day," Heather replied as she let out another sigh. "I hope we can just be friends and move on."

   Meanwhile, Declan was behind Shawn and Cory's dorm where he knocked before entering. To his luck, Shawn was alone and Declan quickly spotted Shawn's beige journal on his desk. Shawn turned around and was shocked to see Declan visiting.

   "What do you want?" Shawn questioned as he got up from his bed, and stood in front of a very out of  breath Declan.

   Declan begun pacing back and fourth while he blurted every thought racing in his mind.

   "I hate presenting... What if everyone laughs at me..." Declan said. Shawn never seen this nervous side of Declan before and noticed he was having an anxiety attack, and quickly came to aid him, and help him calm down.

   Declan then rested his hands on the desk, hunched over as he slowly inhaled and exhaled. Shawn patted his back and reassured him that the nerves will go away, and that he would perform well.

   As Declan attempted to calm down, he looked past Shawn and noticed an odd poster on the wall.

   "Is that the Backstreet Boys?" Declan asked, snapping him out of his nervous thoughts. Shawn turned around to see what Declan saw, as Declan quickly grabbed Shawn's beige journal, and tucked it behind his pants, and covered it with his sweater.

  "Yeah, uh, the less you know the better," Shawn excused not wanting to explain a strange poster on a college guy's dorm wall.

   "I'm pretty nervous about tonight too. It's actually does makes me feel better knowing someone like you gets nervous too," Shawn said. Maybe I'm being too hard on him, Shawn thought to himself, and decided to not vilify Declan each time he gets. They did get off at the wrong foot, but Shawn was willing to put the drama behind him, and start being cordial, friendly even.

   "I'm sorry you had to witness that. But I'll see you tonight," Declan stated as he let out a breath and gave Shawn a short smile. Shawn smiled back, as he watched Declan exit.

*:・゚✧*:・゚

At poetry reading night at the student union, Shawn and Heather sat together with Topanga as they watched Cory's performance.

   "All day long, I think of you.
How do you do, the things you do?
I love you girl, with all my heart.
Because you're pretty! And you're smart
...
Topanga!"