Lindsee and I had spent yesterday evening in a pub garden and ended up slightly tipsy.

The only downside to this heat was the fact it made the tube even more unbearable. Being jammed inside a train carriage with at least fifty other people at half past eight in the morning when it was already twenty three degrees?

No thanks.

"Caroline Webster is coming in tomorrow for the meeting about getting the restraining order extended. She apparently was warned by the police that it might not happen and probably wouldn't if she continued with the divorce."

I frowned as I looked up at my boss, Cynthia.

"That doesn't make sense."

"I know." Cynthia rolled her eyes and sighed before she glanced at my desk. "It's probably going to be rough tomorrow. I thought I'd warn you."

"Thanks." I smiled, nodding, "I have a strong stomach."

I didn't.

Cynthia laughed before she bid me a goodbye and I chewed my lip as my eyes slid to the clock, only twelve more minutes to go.

I didn't know if it was because we were just different from American's anyway or what but Cynthia was nice.

Not to say that Jessica my old boss back in New York wasn't, she was just different. Jessica was dressed in head to toe black every day with towering heels that would make you wince as you watched her cross drains without blinking.

Whereas Cynthia was dressed in a pretty white dress and a pair of black leather mules.

But she still looked professional and like she was worth the four hundred pounds an hour she charged, and I mean I'd seen her in action yesterday in a meeting with another client that she'd just finished with.

She was worth it. And also incredibly scary.

I glanced over the file containing Caroline Webster's case, she was filing for divorce because her husband was abusive.

Or rather he was allegedly abusive, which meant he definitely was. But she was the one who came from money and therefore he was trying to contest the divorce by saying she was always the one in charge.

And without her, they'd signed a prenuptial agreement, he'd have nothing and their children would suffer.

I'd seen some of the police photos from the first time she'd decided to attempt to press charges against him, it was not pretty.

"See you tomorrow Poppy. You did well today!"

I looked up to see Josh, the other paralegal who I'd gotten to know, smiling at me as he headed out of the office and I gave him a quick wave. He was nice, he'd been here for a couple of years and mostly handled adoption cases with his boss John.

I may or may not have had lunch with him both days in a row and it definitely didn't hurt that he was as cute as he is.

I gathered up my stuff and made sure everything was still safely in my bag as I picked up my blazer and hung it over my arm, bidding quiet goodbyes to the few people who were still left in the office before heading over to the lift.

I chewed my lip as I walked down the warm pavement towards the tube station, my eyes finding the Starbucks I'd been in this morning and at lunch, it really didn't help that it was smack bang in the middle between the station and the office.

I controlled myself as I walked past, refusing to look inside. It was a terrible habit and I knew I was going to be quickly spending my paycheque when it arrived at the beginning of next month.