Chapter 4

SODA'S P.O.V

The interrogation was over. I walked over to Sadie's lawyer. I thought she was really pretty. I wanted to ask her out. So I walked over to her, smiling. And said, "Uhh.. Thank you. For defending my sister like that. I appreciate it."

"No problem. What's your name?"

"Sodapop Curtis. Please, call me Soda. What's your name?"

She smiled. "Susan."

"Nice to meet you, Susan."

"Nice to meet you too, Soda." She replied, smiling.

SUSAN'S P.O.V

I looked at Soda, who was smiling like a fool. He is adorable, but rugged as well. Gosh, the way he smiles at me. It's adorable, yet funny. I realized I was staring, so I straightened up and cleared my throat.

"I guess I'll see you around, Sodapop." I say smiling.

He stopped smiling, and replaced his adorable grin with a shy smile. He grabbed my hand. I loved the feeling of his hand in mine.

"Actually, um, I was, um sort of wondering, if you'd, uh, gosh, what I'm trying to say is-"

"Tomorrow, 8:00, Dairy Queen, I'll be there."

He smiled and turned a deep shade of pink and I pulled away, still wanting to stay with him.

SADIE'S P.O.V

I saw Soda talking to Susan. I smirked. Once he was done, I walked up to Susan, and hugged her. "Thank you. They wouldn't have listened to me without you there."

"No problem, Sadie. As soon as I saw you, I already knew that it couldn't have been you that had killed Richard. You look too innocent."

I then saw Pony, his face red from crying, and attacked him with a super long and tight hug. He hugged me back, and started to laugh. I then ran up to Soda, he picked me up and spun me in circles, like he did when Johnny had told everyone that we were finally together. And that was when I remembered Johnny. Where is he?

I asked Soda where Johnny was, and he said that he is probably at home. Darry called us over, and told us that we were going home. I jumped up in excitement. I couldn't wait to go home and see Johnny and the rest of the gang. I was really excited.

DARRY'S P.O.V

It was an odd ride home. I've never seen Soda this calm. Soda kept reaching over to ruffle Sadie's hair. When she was just a little kid, she would fall asleep on his lap when he was brushing her hair. Pony would be too embarrassed to do it, and I was already having to go out and look for jobs. Mom and Dad had already died. Her hair was a dark brown, with hair streaks the color of honey in the sunlight. I looked over at Soda who was humming along to the song on the radio, which was also incredibly odd. He is usually too busy joking around.

"Soda, what's goin' on, man? It's creeping us out."
Behind me, I could hear Sadie snorting, and Soda shot her a look. Sadie tried not to laugh while she talked.

"It just so happens that my big brother has scored himself a date tomorrow."

A chorus of OOH and AAH's waved over the car. Soda blushed and started to protest. I wasn't about to let him pass over the fact he got a date.

"Come on, don't try to hide it. So, who's the lucky lady? Huh, Soda?" I say nudging him in the side.

He sighed. Except this time it wasn't in annoyance like it usually is. Instead, he was daydreaming.

"Her name's Susan. She's got the prettiest smile, and gorgeous eyes, and the softest hair, and-"

"You mean Sadie's lawyer," Pony interfered.