Chapter 2

JOHNNY'S P.O.V

I look down at her. And I just think about how beautiful she is. She eventually catches me staring at her, and she just smiles.

"What is it, Johnny?"

"What? Oh- uh.. Nothing. Why?"

"Hmm... Nothing."

After a few minutes of weird silence, I then turn to her and say, "Listen, Sadie. I have something to tell you."

"Sure, Johnny. Anything."

"I..uh..kinda, not kinda, uh.. like like you, like, more than friends.. And, uh, I don't know how you feel. And I uh..yeah.." Yup, that was definitely weird. She will probably say no. I have no chance. She then looks down at the ground and I can see that she is really really red.

"I like you too, Johnny. I have for a long time actually."

Wait, WHAT? Is she joking? She has to be kidding. There is no way. No, no. It's impossible. "Are you serious, or are you playing with me?"

"Johnny. Why would I joke around about someone that I have loved for the past 7 years? And, yes. I know, I have liked you for 7 years. I would have told you, but I was afraid that I would make our friendship awkward or I would be rejected or something. And I don't want to lose a friend like you. You are a great friend. That's why I never told you. The only people that know about my feelings for you are my brothers. Please don't judge me"

I don't know why, but the words just escaped my mouth, "Sadie, will you be my girlfriend?"

She paused for a moment."Yes." I can see that she was happy. I was happy. But seeing her smile, is what makes me even more happy.

SADIE'S P.O.V

I was happy, yet overwhelmed. I know that we are going to eventually have to tell the gang that we are dating. What would Darry, Pony, and Soda say? Would they be proud of me? I know for a fact that they would be watching everything I do with Johnny. How would Pony feel? His twin sister, getting together with his best friend. How would he feel?

Johnny says to me. "And about what you were saying earlier, I could never judge you. Honestly, you are one of the only reasons I am still alive right now. I would talk to Pony about this in the morning when he watches the sunrise. He asks me how I am because I used to talk about killing myself. I told him that I can't because I love you. He would tell me to tell you but I was afraid that I would get rejected which would make me really sad to the point where I really will do it."

Johnny pulls me into a hug as I start crying into his chest. "Why? You are the nicest person ever. How?" How could an amazing person like him think about killing himself? He is perfect in every single way. How- My thoughts are interrupted by Darry talking to us from behind the screen door. He tells us to come inside since it is getting dark.

Once I calm down, we go inside, his hand in mine. I see Dally in the corner, smirking, until Darry says, "Dallas Winston, you better wipe that smirk off of your face or I will skin you alive." Dal is scared of Darry so he stops, which was pretty funny.

It is one in the morning, and it is too late for everyone to walk back to their house, which means that Johnny gets to stay over. Which made me really excited. I wanted to talk to Pony about what happened outside, so I told him to come with me to my room, so we can talk without anyone overhearing us.

"Sure, Sadie. What do you want to tell me?"

"Uhh.. well, I don't know if you will be uncomfortable with this but-"

"Johnny asked you. Didn't he?"

"How did you know?"

"He told me a while ago that he liked you. That's why I told you to go tell him. I also told him to tell you. But neither of you wanted to because you were scared of getting rejected."