Chapter 30: New Beginnings Babe

Punk woke up with Bella still in his arms. She had never looked so small, and even though she had dried tear stains on her cheeks, she looked so peaceful. He felt a small smile grow on his face at the sight. He was glad to see her looking so relaxed. Yesterday had been intense, and he never wanted her to feel that way again, but he was glad she trusted him enough to be vulnerable around him. He knew how hard it was for Bella to be emotional around people.

Not wanting to get up from this comfortable position just yet, he closed his eyes once again, falling back into a deep slumber.

Whenever the two of them fell asleep together, time just flew by faster than ever. Being in each others' arms just felt right, as cheesy as it sounded. Neither one of them wanted to admit it to the other, but they both felt it. 

A couple hours later, Bella woke up. She was momentarily surprised to wake up intertwined with Punk without being naked, but then she remembered the previous night. Her cheeks flushed with embarassment, but she shook it off. 

He cares about you she told herself, It's okay.

He interrupted her thoughts by sleepily saying, "Morning." She could hear the smile in his voice, which made her smile and forget about all of her Punk related worries. He was Punk. Nothing had changed between them.

"Hi," she spoke into his chest.

"You okay?" he asked.

"Mhm." she hummed, "Are you?"

"Never better."

She rolled over and stood up, letting a huge yawn escape her, "I'm about to take a shower."

"Okay," he chuckled.

"Care to join me?" she asked with raised eyebrows.

Punk immediately got up from bed and picked her up over his shoulder and carried her to the bathroom, causing her to squeal.

-----------------------------------

The two champions arrived at the arena like they usually do, fashionably late. They walked to his locker room to get ready for their respective matches and segments. 

"I'm gonna go say hi to Randy. He's been blowing up my phone," she told him, which caused the slight smile on his face to falter, "Oh."

"It's just that he congratulated me and I never got back to him," she said rubbing the back of her neck.

"No, I get it, babe. He's your friend," he spoke, his eyes widening when he realized what he called her.

"Woah," Bella teased with raised eyebrows, "I'll see you later babe."

He shook his head at her while she pranced away as if she knew he was watching her.

Randy's locker room was pretty close to Punk's, so Bella was there in no time, knocking on the door.

"Hey champ," he greeted her as he opened the door. He was surprised to see her but happy nonetheless.

"Hey, Randall."

He laughed at the usage of his full name. He normally didn't like it when people called him that, but he didn't mind when Bella called him Randall.

"Care to accompany me to catering?" she asked him.

"Yeah. I gotta finish getting ready, but you can wait in here if you want."

"Okay," she shrugged, entering his locker room. She really liked Randy's locker room. It was nice and spacious just like his bus.

He put on some sweatpants over his wrestling trunks. 

"You ready to go?" he asked.

"Mhm."

The two friends walked to catering together.

"Oh crap," she mumbled when she saw Nikki sitting at one of the tables.

"Ignore her," Randy said, "let's get some food."

So she took his advice and the two of them got some refreshments before they sat at a table in the back.

She kept her head down, as she picked at her cheese and crackers, while the two of them conversed about football, before it morphed into talking about Alana.

"How is the little munchkin?" Bella asked.

"She's good. I really miss her." Randy told her as he stared into space.

"I can only imagine," she said, rubbing his shoulder, "Is it possible for you to bring her on the road any more than you already do?"

"I wish I could," he sighed, "But she's just so young."

"I'm sorry Randy. Does Sam ever bring her to visit?"

"I haven't asked her to, since the divorce."

"Well, I don't want to overstep, but maybe you should ask her to. I mean, Alana is your daughter too."

"Yeah, you're right," Randy smiled.

"I usually am," she winked.

"Thanks, Bella."

"Look what we have here," a feminine voice interrupted them.

She looked up to see none other than Nikki Bella. Bella had no idea why Nikki Bella thought approaching her was a good idea.

"Arabella, can I talk to you?"

Bella blinked a couple of times before chuckling, "Is this a joke?"

"I'm serious."

"Nikki, we don't like each other."

"I know. I wanted to apologize."

"Excuse me?" Bella asked, her eyes widening.

"Randy could you just give us a minute?" Nikki asked.

"If it's okay with Bella."

"Fine," she groaned, "I'll see you later Randy. Think about what I said."

Nikki sat down in the chair that Randy was just in, "Ooh it's still warm," causing Bella to cringe.

"Nikki, what do you want?"

"I'm really sorry for what I did to you last Friday," she said, "It was totally uncalled for."

"Why now?"

"Punk tore me a new one."

"What?" Bella chuckled.

"Yeah. First he yelled at Brie, thinking it was me, and she was so shocked to say anything because he had never spoken to her before. Then he found me."

"What'd he say?"

"He called me an insensitive backwards bitch. And he said I was no better than Chris Jericho."

"Oh," Bella responded.

"Anyways, I don't know your story, but I got too carried away. Vince told me to retaliate, but I should've kept it professional. We're wrestlers. This isn't a reality show."

"Yeah," Bella smiled, "Well thanks."

"Yeah no problem," Nikki said through furrowed brows and pursed lips.

"I don't have a problem with you Nikki. It's all good," Bella said, patting her on the shoulder before walking away, leaving Nikki confused. Maybe Bella wasn't as bad as she thought.