Wanted - Nathan x Reader

Start from the beginning

A small gasp left your lips and his eyes squeezed shut, scared with how you would react. You hated it, didn't you? You wanted nothing to do with it. He messed up, Fuck, he messed up-

"It's beautiful," you muttered in awe. Wait- what?!

He opened his eyes, watching as you lifted the necklace from the box and gazed at with so much wonder. It was something he made. The pendant on the blockchain was a gun pendant.

"I love it," your eyes met him, and the amount of love expressed on your face was burned into his mind for the rest of his life. You were beaming. Tears welled in your eyes and you threw your arms around him, drawing him into another kiss.

The kiss was still gentle but nothing short of passionate. He could feel your smile against his lips and your hands in his hair. You broke the kiss sooner than he would have liked. Your voice was a whisper, lips grazing his, "thank you."

His grin was one of a relief, an uncharacteristic blush coating his cheeks. He couldn't believe you liked it. Pride swelled in his chest, knowing he did something right in the relationship.

"Now everyone will know who you belong to," Nathan muttered seductively, a hint of possessiveness in his tone. He watched you put it on, nimble fingers smoothing over the metal pendant.

You chuckled at his words, overwhelming joy bright in your eyes. "Everyone already knows that. You make it very clear."

Well, that was true. If it wasn't the constant affection shown than it definitely was the marks he likes to leave. You are never ashamed, you wear them like badges of honour, as much as the others think it's disgusting.

"I have a surprise for you," you changed the subject with a devious grin, one that he instantly liked on you. You took his hands and started pulling toward the exit.

"Tell me! Tell me, tell me, telllll mmmmeeeee!" Nathan whined, impatience getting the better of him. What on earth could you have been planning? He felt the rush of excitement at the mystery of it all, mind thinking of all kinds of nasty scenarios.

"You'll see~" you teased, pressing a quick kiss to the tip of his nose before giggling. You dragged him (though he followed enthusiastically, so it wasn't really dragging) down the hallway of the mind palace, a door he had never seen before at the end.

Your sister Chloe was leaning against the wall, arms crossed as she watched Nathan and you venture toward her. Nathan wondered why they were there and where the unfamiliar room led to.

You must have heard what he was thinking because of your voice cut through his thoughts. "Chloe here was helping me with this little surprise."

"Oh, Chloe! You're such a sweetheart~" Nathan winked at Chloe, making you giggle. Chloe rolled her eyes at Nathan, opening the giant double doors for them.

"Shut up, Nathan," Chloe's voice was oddly fond, "I definitely won't do this again. So, Y/N, don't ask anytime."

You laughed quietly. "Thanks, Chloe, I owe you."

When the two of you entered the room, it was dark. 

"You didn't," the realization dawned on him why he was there.

"I did~," you said in a sing-song voice, smiling like an idiot in love as you watched his face turn more and more excited. 

A giant bonfire was in the middle of the room with a bunch of alcohol around and a comfortable couch, looking at the walls, his art hung there on the walls. Holding her phone, Y/N showed him her phone which was an email that had his art attached to it.

"A friend of mine dad owns an art gallery and I was able to get her dad to accept to hang up your art because you do deserve it."

Nathan let out noise from the back of his throat, picking you up and spinning you around, lips capturing yours in a searing kiss. You chuckled against his lips, hands resting on the crooks of his neck. He was so lucky, fuck was he lucky that he had you.

You couldn't stop the grin on your face from widening. You kissed his cheek, loving the way he got excited over something most people would hate. He was adorable.

"Of course, love," you whispered against his skin, "anything for you."

The two of you spent your anniversary there, not that either of you minded. You were spending time with him, that's all that mattered to you. But, as soon as Nathan started growing tired, the two left to go back to his room.

Once there, you stole one of his shirts to use as pyjama's, as he stripped down to his boxers. Then you both started cuddling in his bed, black sheets wrapped around the two of you.

"Happy anniversary," you whispered lovingly, kissing his forehead. Your arms were around him, as he were around you. "I hope you had a wonderful day, my love."

"I did," he burrowed into the crook of your neck, warm breath fanning your skin. Contentment settled in his chest, a pleasuring heat spreading through his body. "Thank you, for everything."

"Awe, it wasn't a problem. I'm just glad you enjoyed your-"

"No, no," he cut you off, moving his head so he could properly lock eyes with you. His eyes were soft, as was his smile. "I mean, everything. Y/N, you've shown me what love can feel like. Thank you for everything you've done, thank you for loving me."

Your mouth was agape as you struggled to find the right words. Tears welled in your eyes, an overwhelming crash of emotions falling on you. You weren't expecting that confession, that much was obvious.

"You don't need to thank me," you finally managed to say, voice heavy with feeling, "you deserve it, Nathan. It's a pleasure having you in my life, and being able to love you as I do."

Then you kissed him once more, kissing him desperately, pouring out your heart to him. You hoped he felt it, all the love and adoration you put into it. All the pride knowing the two of you were together. It was a final way of showing just how much you loved him.