Chapter 1

Maya smiles as she and Riley were just hanging out with Cory and Shawn.
With Shawn in New York for the week the girls have been enjoying having him there but Maya didn't want to get too close.
She looked as her mother's eyes went wide and looked over to the door also shocked at the person there.

"What are you doing here?" Maya asked as Shawn looked over to the man.
"Came to visit. I am allowed to do that," Kermit said.
"Kermit, get out of here. You lost every right to your daughter long ago," Katy said.
"This is your dad?" Shawn asked and Maya exhaled.

Maya stood up as she looked at her mother before walking towards her father.

"Hi, Maya," Kermit said smiling.
"Hi, Dad," Maya said as a boy came through the door.

"My brotha," Cory said greeting his brother.
"Okay, what is going on? The tension here is very thick," Josh said as Maya slightly closed her eyes trying to prevent tears from falling as Shawn stood up.

"Kermit, leave. You are only..."
"What on earth are you doing here? As far as I know you have no right to be in your daughter's life," Josh said.
"What do you know?" Riley asked.
"Maya told me about her father, Riley. Long ago," Josh said and Maya exhaled as she knew now she was in the middle of everything.