Mabel hummed as she left, leaning over to Delanie. "Cheering up, huh?" she joked, causing Delanie to giggle into the back of her hand.

The pair remained seated, chatting casually for a few moments, before deciding to go meet their friends by the locker room. When they got there, Kenny and Russ were already on their way out. Russ gave the girls a grin, "Hey losers."

"You're calling us losers?" Delanie shot back, a humored smile on her lips, "exactly how many knuckle pucks did you get behind Scooter?"

Russ rolled his eyes as Kenny laughed. He shook his head, a laugh uncontrollably slipping past his lips. "We're headed to my dorm, all of us," he informed the pair, "feel free to join us. You make good company. Sometimes."

Mabel snorted. "Such a kind offer," she joked.

"We'll be there. At some point," Delanie responded evenly, giving her blonde friend a playful glare.

Mabel shrugged, "Speak for yourself. I've got plans."

Delanie's eyes widened as Russ and Kenny excused themselves, leaving the pair of girls by themselves. The brunette raised her brows. "I'm sorry, what secrets are you keeping from me?" she asked, clearly intrigued.

"I... may have an ice cream date?" Mabel responded sheepishly, an excited smile on her lips.

Delanie gasped, "No way! Please tell me it's with cute baseball boy?" When her blonde friend nodded, she cheered happily. "Way to go Mabes!"

Mabel grinned before her countenance became panicked. She spun on her heel to look at the time on the scoreboard. Her eyes widened. "I need to go!" she said hurried, already beginning to walk away from her friend.

Delanie's forehead creased. "You're just going to leave me here?" she called after her retreating friend.

Mabel flung her hands upwards, an apologetic smile on her face. "You'll be fine!" she assured, "I'll see you at Russ and Luis's dorm later!"

Delanie sighed, shaking her head. She let out a humored huff. She watched as her friend got to the door, and quickly shouted, "Have fun!" after her. Mabel sent her one last thankful grin before disappearing outside.

Before Delanie could turn back around, there was a soft chuckle behind her. "Now that is a nice jersey," she heard, causing her to spin on her heel. Adam was smiling affectionately at her, his gear bag slung over his shoulder. He nodded approvingly, "Definitely looks better on you than it does on me."

"Debatable," Delanie argued, a small smile on her lips. She crossed the hallway and wrapped her arms around his torso, smiling against his chest when she felt his arms snake around her waist. She grinned up at him, "So... varsity who?"

Adam chuckled, pressing a kiss against her forehead. "I'll have to remember to apologize to Jett," he joked, "I managed to steal his win and his biggest fan."

"I'll think he'll be okay," Delanie mused with a chuckle, "he's rather... preoccupied."

A knowing smile appeared on Adam's lips. "Rosa, right?" he asked. When Delanie nodded, he laughed, "Not gonna lie, didn't see that coming."

Delanie shrugged, an arrogant smile on her face. "I mean, I did, but that's beside the point," she quipped, causing Adam to roll his eyes playfully.

"Considering she's one of your best friends and he's your brother, I would've been disappointed if you hadn't," he countered.

Delanie let out a huff, "whatever." She tucked her hand into his, an expectant look in her eyes. "So, off to Russ's now, or what?" she asked curiously.