Why would you want me to stay?

Kaito stared at Shinichi, unmoving, shock in his indigo eyes. What did he just say?

All this?! All this for a gem?!

No, this was something entirely different. Kaito had to rewind the conversation at least twice inside his brain to make sure he hadn't misunderstood him. Shinichi was still there, clutching his sweater in one fist, sapphire eyes glaring into his own.

Don't... d-don't visit me anymore, Kaito-kun.

No, he certainly did not say any of this. But why? Why was Shinichi intent on forcing him to stay with him? Was he going to turn him over to the police? No, else he would have had to leave Pandora in their care. He was far too influenced to be able to do that, if not even Kaito could let his half out of his pocket without getting a heart attack.

I... I-I... I can't live with that...

Shinichi did not say that. Why were those words flooding his mind? Kaito wanted to reply but no voice left his mouth, he could barely registrate the quiet chuckle from the woman close by and her mildly accusing tone, "You broke him, Kudo-kun."

The young detective finally lessened his grip and flashed a hesitating glance at Haibara, thanks to her finally feeling himself pulled back into reality. His eyes landed on the gigantic hole they had dug up to free him, and his face went grim.
"Haibara, do you have a shovel left?"
"Sure," she muttered, already in the process of handing Shinichi one of them; Kaito finally blinked twice and headed to grab his own, realizing what his plan was.
"We need to get this shut again before dawn, I do not want any news articles going on about someone vandalizing my grave. ...this sounds so disturbing to say."

The next hours were spent restoring the grave back to its old state, all the while Kaito's thoughts went wild while he allowed himself occasional glances over to Shinichi, disbelieving. Why wasn't he telling him to get lost? Get the fuck out of his life? Something was not quite right there, this was impossible, and yet his heart was beating so much faster while he mulled Shinichi's words over and over inside his mind, replayed the way his eyes had tried to stare into his soul and suck it all up.
Haibara set the flower arrangements exactly like they had been before, and before Kaito was able to realize they had finished the grave, a hand grabbed his right wrist and he found himself staring right into Kudo Shinichi's eyes.

This is way too close for my personal liking.

Kaito wanted to take a step back but his body felt like pinned by the look inside of his eyes.
"We're going to go home now. You will join us. And I swear to god, if I return from the shower and you aren't there, I will raise hell upon you. In case you do not know, the truth about detectives is the fact we are able to commit a crime so much better because we deciphered hundreds of them."
It was at that point Kaito had enough. The last thing Shinichi saw was a gigantic cloud rising inbetween them before he felt his wrist being twisted and his rival freeing himself with ease from his grip.
"KID I SWEAR TO GOD-" Shinichi coughed, furious of the fact he had actually dared to pull such a stunt now- "GET BACK HERE THIS INSTANT!" The sizzling noise of power kick boots was audible, before a soccerball was kicked with impressive speed put of the cloud into nowhere.

Haibara watched this with a deadpan expression, her brain screaming at her to go to sleep and stop wasting time in the early morning with two idiots. She grabbed the ear of Shinichi as soon as he ran out of the smoke, then pulled him down to meet her, earning a muffled yelp of pain.
"Now listen closely, Kudo. I am tired. I am full of mud. KID and I dug you half of the night up, then closed the grave the other half. You two might not have this problem anymore, but I am tired."
Her voice drops threatingly low and for a moment, Shinichi even forgets his anger. He stands there like a deer in headlights, staring back at her, mouth popping open.
"I haven't slept any bit. And you go ahead and mess everything up again. You, Kudo, will come home with me now, get into a shower after I cleaned myself up, and then be peaceful until I woke up from my nap. Is that clear?"
Shinichi gave a hasty nod, whincing a little due to her nails digging into his earlobe. Her grip lessened and Shinichi stood up, rubbing with a painful grimace his ear.
"That hurt."
"It was supposed to hurt. Now hurry up."
The sleuth threw a deathglare back into the park, then grabbed his load of equipment and left with Haibara.

The young magician hidden inside one of the close trees released a breath of relief. He had rarely seen Shinichi act like this and to be honest, it was scaring him a little. To that, the sleuth still believed he was Edogawa Conan.
Pandora pulsed calmly against his side and he ducked further into the leaves while Shinichi threw a few glances back to try and pick him out between the cemetery's decorations.

This was way too much for one day.
Kaito sighed and pulled out his phone to check the time. Nearly five in the morning. He had to check into another hotel to extend his stay.

I can't believe Meitantei is alive. Even worse, instead of telling me to go to hell he insists I should actually stay with him?

Kaito honestly questioned the young detective's sanity and found it awful that he knew it was Pandora what kept him here. He needed to get onto Pandora's second half, there was no other way. Kaito wasn't quite sure if he was able to sneak the gem off of his counterpart... even if he had been KID, Kudo Shinichi was a whole different level than Nakamori-keibu used to be.
Sighing, the male slowly let himself down onto the ground and trotted out of the cemetery, going into the direction his phone was giving him to a close hotel.

***

Haibara elbowed Shinichi with a scowl on her face.
"Couldn't you have been a bit more tactful?"
Rubbing his arm, Shinichi let out a mild grumble.
"I had to let it out at some point. He deserved it."
"And now you chased him away with your behavior. It was so obvious that this was too much at once. Why couldn't you have taken it slower? But you've always been running straight ahead into danger..."
Shinichi sighed, lowering his head. Maybe he did fuck this up a little bit.
"I don't want him to leave me again, Haibara... I saw so much of his life through Pandora... I... I want to see this with my own eyes, not through his."
"And that's why you literally threatened him to raise hell upon him if he runs away. Good move. 10 out of 10, Kudo."
"Oh shut up."