𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐫𝐭𝐲 𝐭𝐡𝐫𝐞𝐞

。・:*:・★,。・:*:・゚☆

。・:*:・★,。・:*:・゚☆

WHEN WE FINALLY REACHED MY HOUSE I WAS OVERWHELMED WITH NAUSEA, the bumpy taxi ride not helping one bit. I stumbled out of the cab, refusing to let myself lean on Freddie for support, yet he was there anyway. I settled onto the wall just beside my front door as Freddie grabbed the spare key from under the plant pot, attempting to unlock the door as quietly as possible. But then  I remembered, "Anthea isn't here Freddie, just open it." I said, and he rolled his eyes at me, quickly opening the door and pulling me inside. The door slammed behind us as he led me up the stairs, my head still dizzy and my stomach doing backflips. "Freddie... I think I'm gonna be sick." I said, rushing past him to get to the bathroom, not quite making it to the toilet. Instead, my new top, which I'd only worn once, was now decorated in my sick. Very attractive. "Oh shit," I said, just as Freddie caught up with me, pulling my hair back as I continued to throw up, this time down the toilet. "Thank you, Freds. But I'm still mad and..." I trailed off, my mind a mess as I continued to vomit, not managing to make my sentences make sense. "Jesus Christ, what the fuck did you drink?" He said, as I finally stopped throwing up, coughing slightly, my throat dry and sore. I slumped down onto the bathroom floor, holding onto the toilet seat for support. I felt Freddie's hand on my shoulder, his soft touch quickly vanishing as I heard his footsteps slowly down the stairs, just as my eyes began feeling heavy.

"Fucking hell Aurora, are you falling asleep on the fucking toilet?" I felt myself being lifted from under my arms, before being chucked over Freddie's shoulder as he carried me into my room. He closed the door behind us as he dropped me dramatically on the bed, waking me slightly, my eyes fluttering open, a little more conscious than before. "I regret everything," I mumbled, coughing slightly as Freddie pulled me into a sitting position, placing the small glass of water to my lips. "Here. Have some water." He says as I recoil away from the glass as if it was poisonous or something, shaking my head like a baby. "Rory, come on." I took the glass from his hand, sipping it slowly, causing him to sigh, probably sick of me by now. He settled down beside me, comfortably sitting on the bed, playing with my hair as I drank. It was comforting and sweet, and almost made me just want to give in, and just go back to being his 'close' friend, yet it seemed like that label meant nothing before. What would be the point in doing it again if nothing would change? The lack of a label still leaving everyone unaware of the situation, and leave Freddie apparently not caring about us, because technically there was no us.

"Why don't I matter to you?" I slurred out, regretting my words as soon as they left my mouth. I just couldn't help it, seemed like STUN really did make people tell the truth. Don't think I'll be taking them anymore after this. "What?" Freddie turned to face me, locking eyes with me for a moment, and a small sober part of me in the back of my head just wanted to slap me. "I... I just don't understand... I mean, do you even care about me at all? How could you just say that I can't be mad, that it's fine for Katie to be chilling in bed with you, her intentions crystal clear?" I mumbled, stumbling across my sentence like a train wreck. Freddie looked at me, furrowed brows as he held my hands in his while I tried to avoid eye contact, his intense staring making me blush, alcohol bubbling in my tummy.

"Aurora. How can you ask if I care about you? Would I be here if I didn't? I care about you so much. You are one of the only people - if not the only person - who genuinely has my back. And you matter to me. You mean so much to me. I want to get to know you, find out everything there is to know about you. I want to spend time with you; go to movies with you, drink with you, smoke with you, cuddle with you - everything. But, of course, stupid Freddie had to go and act like an asshole and ruin everything. I know, I'm a dickhead. World's dumbest man. I had the perfect girl in my arms, my Princess, and I treated you like you were nothing." My eyes could barely focus on the emotional boy in front of me, hair hiding his eyes slightly as he spoke. "What can I do?" He said, and I shrugged, my brain not working quite as well as it usually did. "I don't know Freddie. I think that's what you have to figure out." I slurred, eyes fluttering closed as I fell back onto my back, just about managing to stay awake to hear Freddie's response. "I won't give up on you, Aurora Stonem. I'm falling for you, hard." He whispered as he laid down beside me, bed dipping as he moved his arm under my neck, his presence beside me helping me fall into a deep slumber. I drifted off, knowing full well I'd wake up tomorrow with a massive hangover and a small pile of regret.

And that's exactly what happened.